No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stuck this on just for a little play and i noticed the police station on lancaster/east holland has an Annihilator on the roof, all i did was enter the flats beside the police station and jump down onto the helipad, i guess you can enter the police station and just work your way upto the roof

when you steal it all you get is 1 wanted level and you can fly away and lose it quite comfortably

So an easy way of getting the attack helicopter

the only other place i've seen it is at the airport and you get 5 wanted stars right away as soon as you enter the place

Comment

Uchhhh I just went to find the Apache and it wasn't there.

Comment

I'm just at the beginning (13%) and I never enjoyed too much other GTAs but... The production-value, here, seems to be really great.

Liberty City looks amazing (even if the exploration is quite limited, at the moment) and Niko seems to me a perfect 'evolution' of the old - but imo memorable - Vercetti dude.
        Soundtrack and voice amaze me and graphically speaking I'm LOVIN' this kind of art direction: everything looks so real, but not in a 'photorealistic' way... Stunning, despite some - very minor, as I can see - popups (on 360, through VGA cable).

Maybe it's because I didn't go too deep inside the prequels, but I'm also finding game progression quite interesting, with a solid range of missions and a smooth learning curve.

I'm playing side-by-side with Saints Row (another good game, I'd say): I need to be quite a bad guy, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          Uchhhh I just went to find the Apache and it wasn't there.
          sorry my bad, you have to finish the game and its there

if you have finished the game and its not there from the road, just go inside and it should appear when you get to the top

its there all the time for me - i use it just to mince around the city
          Last edited by buster_broon; 31-07-2008, 12:12.

Comment

Ah cooool, I haven't finished yet.

Thought it was a proper apache though like GTA: SA. Just looks like a boring civilian heli.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
              Thought it was a proper apache though like GTA: SA. Just looks like a boring civilian heli.
              apart from the mini guns either side of the cockpit

Comment

Can anybody help answer a question?

I've got the "no more strangers" achievement, but I don't remember meeting one of the guys. Is the "strangers" achievement based on which people you possibly could meet on your earlier actions (i.e. didn't kill) or all the people you could meet full stop?

I'm a bit concerned I'll end up with 99.5% with no way of rectifying it without playing it all again. There is no way I'm killing them pigeons again. No way...

Comment

Well, you have it - Surely its worth the same either way?!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Can anybody help answer a question?

I've got the "no more strangers" achievement, but I don't remember meeting one of the guys. Is the "strangers" achievement based on which people you possibly could meet on your earlier actions (i.e. didn't kill) or all the people you could meet full stop?

I'm a bit concerned I'll end up with 99.5% with no way of rectifying it without playing it all again. There is no way I'm killing them pigeons again. No way...
                    Don't worry you won't have to play it again to get the 100%. You have to do all the missions for the strangers to get the full percentage though (not just get the cheeve). The only places you'll miss percentages is on the strangers and taking your friends to activities.
                    Fill in this: http://www.gta4.tv/100percent.php
                    and see if it tallies up to your ingame progress to put your mind at rest!

Comment

Aaaaaaargh!

I'm stuck at 99.00%!

What am I missing?

can you 100% it after you've completed the game? Or does something silly like you've got to take Ivan bowling or something mean you can't finish it?

The only thing I can think of is that I've missed some random people. I've looked through the guide book and I'm pretty sure I've met all the ones that count.

Can anybody suggest what activities are worth that last *bleeping* percent.

sob...

Comment

I've been attempting to do the 'No Lost Love' mission, but after several attempts I've given up. I was wondering, is it possible to try it again later or can I not go back to missions I gave up on?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
                          I've been attempting to do the 'No Lost Love' mission...
                          I'm pretty sure that's integral to the story - you have to complete all the missions for the father before you can progress further - so I'm sure that if you play some other missions this one'll still be available (on your cellphone? (Personally I always reload a save if I fail a mission, so I'd just reload to a point before I accepted it and choose another instead)).

In 'No Lost Love' - assuming my googling turned up the right mission - the boyfriend jumps on his bike and races off

down the freeway. He turns off at (I think) the first exit, and in a nearby neighbourhood meets up with 2 or 3 other bikers. Follow them some more & they ride into a park, and there you have a proper shootout. I found it really easy to fall off if I hooned off up the freeway after him, firing like heck. I don't even know if it's possible to kill him whilst he's on the bike - it's far easier to ride at a speed you're comfortable with and get him after he & his buddies get off their bikes.

Comment

I have finished the main story on this now but my percentage completion is 66.25%. I've tried going back and doing some of the additional side questions for Little Jacob and the Stunt Jumps, but this isn't increasing my percentage. Will I have to go back to a pre completion save?

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                              but this isn't increasing my percentage. Will I have to go back to a pre completion save?

Anyone?
                              if memory serves me you have to fully complete all the stunt jumps for your percentage to increase

it wont go up bit by bit as you do a jump here or there

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                if memory serves me you have to fully complete all the stunt jumps for your percentage to increase

it wont go up bit by bit as you do a jump here or there
                                Cheers mate. Is that the same with the Vigilante missions and so forth? I guess my point is I'd still like to invest more time in the game as it's a great environment just to mess around in and savour. If there is some extra incentive such as achievements then that will more than likely keep me into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X