No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was playing this morning on the 360 when the game just froze.Just entered a shop then it all stopped.

Has this happened to anyone else or is my 360 showing early signs of death?

Comment

No, it's frozen on me during a MP game.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
        Chain -

You're misinterpreting me. 'Relationships' meaning your contacts list on the phone, i.e. getting jobs or getting to know new parts of the city by doing activities. There are practical purposes for the system in the game - for one they're there to diversify the mechanics and get you used to the city the more you explore. They're also another way of delivering characterisation (and the story you mention) outside of cutscenes the more you get to know them.

I'm interested in what your views are on Mass Effect's romance system, or for that matter any RPG where you have to spend time with the characters to advance the story.

Edit: Hoolak beat me to it.

To me the fact you might have to manage how much people take a like or a dislike to you regarding how sociable you are just further emphasises the role you're playing and how it's in your hand. I can see how some people who enjoyed Crackdown (which is a great game) or just want to run around the city doing action-orientated objectives would find it annoying.
        Didn't play ME, waiting for the PC version

As I say man, I can appreciate the new depth this brings. It's just not for me. You just know they'll be some wierdos beating off when they visit the stripper bars. And they'll be people who work at the games dating as they don't get laid in real life. Like it or not, some people will get off on that. And that's creepy!

My time is limited (despite the time I've spent posting about this bloody game LOL), and "dating" a pile of polygons is not how I'd spend my time in the game.

As for not finding the murdering aspect "creepy". That's the wrong word. Morally dubious without a doubt. It's funny, your character won't drink or do drugs, but it's fine to kill people! And as someone else said (Dogg Thang?), it's daft you can go around killing people but the game won't show titties. That says a lot about American morality. I believe South Park The Movie made a much better statement on that than I could ever hope to.

Got to Star Junction, best looking part of the game. Was night time in a storm. Lots of vehicles, it was very cool.

And the game actually made me laugh for the first time -

the union breaking scene where you invade the construction yard, sniping someone from a crane and them plummeting to the ground. That part, and the preceeding mission escape with PlayboyX from the undercover cops, were cool. The action was better, though I still much prefer it with auto-aim and if you know my gaming history, you'd appreciate that those words are like swearing to me! Grenade explosions are very satisfying, nice boom and effects, and the rag dolls go flying

Now I'm really going to ostracise myself from this community by stating, imo of course, that this game has the WORST aliasing in any "next gen" title I've played. At times the game does look amazing, no doubt. But yes, this has serious aliasing the likes of which I never thought I'd see again.

Comment

Originally posted by hugejeans View Post
          Was playing this morning on the 360 when the game just froze.Just entered a shop then it all stopped.

Has this happened to anyone else or is my 360 showing early signs of death?
          Never had a crash. 8 hours, just over 20% done.

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            I've never understood that view point.

If anything it shows people's own embarrassment of being social and interacting. You've been quite happy to murder and destroy people for years in other games but we've now got to a point where developers can show human interaction and you're finding it creepy?

If you're happy to play games for mindless violence but flinch when someone in that game is acting out a partner role what does that say about you?

Serious question.

Also I must add that I have not had the pleasure of playing GTA4 yet so I have no idea how successfull Rockstar North have been.
            I have a real partner. I have real sex.

I am not a mass murder. I do not kill people.

Games are about doing **** you can't really do. I don't want a real-world simulator. It's the same reason I find Reality TV the biggest load of bollocks around, and watch fictional TV shows.

Tell you what, you sit playing the game with your wife/girlfriend next to you, and take a virtual girl out on a date, take her back to her place and virtually bone her. See the looks you get! That's not why I play games, and certainly not this game.

I dare say if someone released a Date Simulator there wouldn't be much of a First Play thread about it on these forums, and if so, we'd all take the piss out of the first poster! But no, this is Rockstar's GTA so it's suddenly fine to do it....

Look man, different strokes for different folks. I have other things I'd rather spend my time on than dating imaginary women, but whatever floats your boat

Comment

My girlfriend saw me watching a video of Niko taking a girl out and whatever and actually thought it looked cool. I explained you could enter into relationships with them and actually have sex, which she thought was amusing.

A lot of women play the Sims right?

Anyway, then she saw the video of the hiring of a prostitute, with handjob and the his murdering of her for the money back. That however, she was not impressed with.

Comment

Well you can drive a car in real life but loads of people love car games. I guess you can drive better cars on better roads in games. And maybe you could bone better women in better, em, places in games.

Like Leisure Suit Larry. Don't tell me that wasn't fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeracer View Post

Whats the difference REALLY like between the 360 and PS3 versions - graphics/framerate wise??
                  I'm hoping to have both version waiting for me at home. I'll post a comparison when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Well you can drive a car in real life but loads of people love car games. I guess you can drive better cars on better roads in games. And maybe you could bone better women in better, em, places in games.

Like Leisure Suit Larry. Don't tell me that wasn't fun.
                    Please let's not start getting pedantic.

Car games are people driving cars they'd never get to in real life, at speeds they normally wouldn't be allowed, in exotic locations.

In the above sentence, substitute Cars for Women and Driving for ****ing, and see how funny it sounds

Driving games tend to be either visceral (BurnOut) or technical (F1 games). They give you a unique experience.

Taking your virtual girlfriend out to the bowling alley then back to hear her moaning while you're staying at the building from the outside is completely different and you know it

LSL was funny, though I only played one many years back, and then only for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench View Post
                      I'm hoping to have both version waiting for me at home. I'll post a comparison when I can.
                      By almost all acounts the PS3 version looks better - less pop up (though still some, and it's not that bad on the 360 anyway), and meant to be a bit smoother. Someone said it has more aliasing but until I get proper technical info on that, I'll assume it probably means "more blur filter".

I doubt there's much in it at all TBH.

If you want to play online, get version your best mates have.

You want the best experience (marginally better graphics, less load time), get the PS3 version.

You want to be playing the game in 6 months time, get the 360 version with future DLC promised.

Comment

I haven't played GTAIV yet so don't (or didn't) know the specifics. Being pedantic was not the intention. I was speaking more generally - that doing stuff in games that you do in real life can be fun. I guess Cooking Mama or something might be a better example.

As for the GTAIV dates themselves being fun, I can't comment on that one way or another.

Comment

awsome game but i think igns 10 score was too much, its amazing a game i would class as true next gen id rate it somthing like 9.8 or 9.9

Comment

to those that have been playing a while : have any of you met the

junkie guy?

he looks a bit like

Christopher Soprano (Tony's nephew), his voice is similar and even his mannerisms, plus he was a junkie in the sopranos too.

I've met up on 3 or 4 occasions now and each time it seems more relevant - anyone agree?

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                              awsome game but i think igns 10 score was too much, its amazing a game i would class as true next gen id rate it somthing like 9.8 or 9.9
                              - 0.1%

OMFG!!!

Comment

So whats the score with chatter box? Is it back, or at least something similar? Used to love the adverts on that radio show.

ah memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8xN9LCT9g

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal View Post
                                - 0.1%

OMFG!!!
                                Not to be annoying or anything but thats actually -1%

Comment

Working...
                                X