No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where do we think the DLC will take us then?

Are there any snippets of info at all?

I'd be delighted with more Blueys, as that would make it more fun doing the pidegeons if I knew there was a chance of a new mission.

Also, when is it out?

Comment

Don't think we know anything about it, although they may have said it will be new story type missions. I'd like some extra stuff though to mix it up a wee bit. Maybe add more cars in the variation they currently have and some guns. I'd love if they plonked a new island right into the game but that wouldn't make sense story wise so they might not do it unfortunately!

And I think they said around 6 months after release so probably in time for Christmas I reckon to maximise sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        Don't think we know anything about it, although they may have said it will be new story type missions. I'd like some extra stuff though to mix it up a wee bit. Maybe add more cars in the variation they currently have and some guns. I'd love if they plonked a new island right into the game but that wouldn't make sense story wise so they might not do it unfortunately!

And I think they said around 6 months after release so probably in time for Christmas I reckon to maximise sales.
        Speaking of cars, that's one of my negatives.

is it really too much to have more models on screen.....? (I know the answer is yes!)

Comment

There was a full page ad in the last Edge or GamesTM magazine for the GTAIV DLC. I think it said August. Or was it October? No, I'm pretty sure it said August.

Comment

I've seen a few print ads that say Autumn - so September to December then.

Comment

I've heard August as well.

Comment

October makes the most sense I'd think, it'll be a powerful marketing tool towards the Christmas sales.

Comment

whatever is in the DLC I hope they manage to work Brucie into it in a significant way, I'm only at about 1/3rd thru but pretty completed his bits and would like to see him back.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    whatever is in the DLC I hope they manage to work Brucie into it in a significant way, I'm only at about 1/3rd thru but pretty completed his bits and would like to see him back.
                    Yeah baby - that's how we roll!

Comment

Can't help but feel the DLC will ultimately be a let down to a lot of players. Some I've spoken to outside of this forum have it in their heads they'll be getting a whole new city to explore!

I doubt they'll even add new areas to the city. They may develop some areas, opening up say the fairground, that's an obvious option.

I'm expecting further phone based missions. It'd be nice to get a proper dialogue based story with new cutscenes, but that may be asking too much.

So to start a speculation list:

You no longer play as Niko. You now play as Brucie!

Phone based missions.

New assassination missions.

Fairgound opens, possibly a few other buildings that looked like
                      you should be able to get in them but can't.

New vehicles and weapons - fanboys get excited at JetSkis announcement.

New multiplayer costumes.

New multiplayer gametypes.

New multiplayer scenarios where you have to escape the police.

And I'm expecting several download packs - "Multiplayer Expansion", "Brucie's Story", etc. Storie packs costing 2000 points each, multiplayer 1200 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                        Can't help but feel the DLC will ultimately be a let down to a lot of players. Some I've spoken to outside of this forum have it in their heads they'll be getting a whole new city to explore!
                        Microsoft sowed that seed, bless 'em.

Surely a new island makes the most sense? The game's set up to be added to in that way - they could control access between the pre and post DLC easily enough (Same way they stop you from getting to the third island with a helicopter before you unlock it properly).

Comment

I don't see a new island. Technically it would be tricky, I don't know how the technology in GTA works but it's not like adding a new map in a racing game, which is self contained.

If they could have an extra island in the world, they'd have used those polygons adding more detail to the existing architecture. You can't expect the engine to be able to handle another third.

You couldn't "add" it in I think you'd have to rebuild the whole world and stream it all off HDD.

Also there is the logic issue, and how a new island would affect the single player campaign if someone hasn't completed it yet. It's probably easy enough to work around with your heli idea, but I don't know - these things are never as easy as you think at first.

And I won't get in to the whole asset creation needed for a new island

What GTA needs, as some here have said, is more going on in the islands it already has. You don't need more islands, you need more interactivity.

I'd like to see something totally left field, like a Superhero mod - basically you gain the ability to jump and throw things like Crackdown. Completely bonkers in this game world, it would be a lot of fun.

Comment

There are loads of areas in GTA IV that are barely seen unless you deliberately go there. This makes me believe there won't be any new cities or islands, but a new story arc at some of these underused locations would be perfect.

I also think there might be a crazy add on, brining back some of the crazy **** in SA that was left out of IV, like jetpacs and parachutes.

Comment

Spoilers, but I think this most likely path they'll choose for the DLC pack:

Despite whatever ending you choose, Rodislav Bulgarin, is alive and well and is (probably) seeking Niko. So I'd say that is the most likely thing to happen. I'll be just happy if they include Little Jacob, Brucie and Packie because they're all cool

Comment

Originally posted by Brats View Post
                                There are loads of areas in GTA IV that are barely seen unless you deliberately go there. This makes me believe there won't be any new cities or islands, but a new story arc at some of these underused locations would be perfect.

I also think there might be a crazy add on, brining back some of the crazy **** in SA that was left out of IV, like jetpacs and parachutes.
                                I think the chances of a new Island are remote at best.

Obvious ones:

- Theme Park as a POI
                                - New Story mission track, say of the size of the Joker missions.
                                - A few more blue people.

Comment

Working...
                                X