No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished it. Went mental back from respite and Ive clocked up 36hhours since Sunday. Had a lull of 4hours getting back into it then gripped again. Got to 97.5% and had at least 12hours of pure story yesterday and today as I got everything out of the way first (apart from a couple of randoms) but panicked abit at end as couldnt work out what Id missed and then reliased I counted cop most wanted as the vigalante so did all 20 and bam 100% done 20mins later. Loved the story will play that over and over but definetly wont be doing the dating again or the pigeons/stunts again ever, friends I can live with doing em again to 100% then ignoring em.

As for the story I think I put my reply to my dad tonight as my response yes its got an even better story than Mafia on PC, bloody epic and thought provoking, moved me 3times in the story and just a work of art. Few niggles with gameplay but loved it all.

Comment

Oh how I wish I'd killed

Boy was it ever the wrong decision to keep him alive - I just can't take the depressing whining crap he spouts every time we go somewhere.

Although it did make me laugh tonight when he was banging on about how hard his life was, how he went from nothing to having 10G's in his hand over night and Nikko just replied "In my country we didn't have electricity until I was 12".

Shut him straight up and should have been followed up with a bitch slap to knock him out of the moving vehicle.

Comment

i'm about 59% complete so far and put in around 25 hours, but leaving today for 2 weeks, so i wont play it

but its grown on me - the driving still sucks mostly, but 2 cars are excellent (porsche and lambo), during the street races nothing generally keeps up with those 2

i've never fought anyone queensbury rules style as that system is awful, either knife or gun, it did take me a while to get used to throwing the grenades as i just seemed to drop them at my feet and blow myself up

finished all the vigilante missions - my highlight so far, love it when a car heads towards you and you get the message take out all the targets and you open up with your machine gun just to luckily hit the driver, just for all hell to break out

The Assassin missions were great as well - hope he comes back

favourite moment's so far was the bank job, i did it on my first go, a couple of grenades here and there will sort that out and another standout moment was the job where you have to take the drugs from the old mansion

i was pinned down by 4 police cars and 1 FBI truck, 1 timed grenade in the mix and you had FBI agents running about the place on fire, nothing better than shooting someone in the head when they are on fire </psycho>

funny moment was a stunt jump over the river, i jumped it but flipped the bike upside down and when i came into land my body hit the wall by the other end of the river, but the bike went over, i lost all body armour and everything apart from a slither of energy

other touches are when you shoot the driver behind the wheel and he slumps against the steering wheel and floors the accelerator and just rushes towards you

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          Oh how I wish I'd killed

you do get more benefits from killing the other person

i havent went to see him yet, but he phones me asking if i phoned him

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
            you do get more benefits from killing the other person

i havent went to see him yet, but he phones me asking if i phoned him
            If you kill
            , you get

$25,000 IIRC, but nothing else as PlayboyX bitches at you for killing Dwayne and then cuts off all contact to you.

If you kill

PlayboyX

, you get

PlayboyX's loft as another safehouse, a new costume in the loft, modeled after the GTAIII main character, and Dwayne as a friend who can send you backup after he likes you enough.

Comment

PlayboyX moans at you for killing Dwayne when he asked you to do it in the first place? WTF? I'm glad I killed him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixty View Post

PlayboyX moans at you for killing Dwayne when he asked you to do it in the first place? WTF? I'm glad I killed him now.
                Yes.

You get a phone call from him straight away berating you for being 'cold' and insisting you can no longer keep contact with him, cause you and him have 'beef' now. Killing Dwayne is really sad too, he has one old guy with a baseball bat for protection

Comment

Oh man. Compared to

PlayboyX's loft full of his fully armed mates, his escape through the next building, and then more guys on the street outside, that just isn't fair. I spent ages trying to decide who I should kill. Nice to see I made the right choice.

Actually, it would be really cool if

you could track PlayboyX down after that phonecall and kill him for putting you in that position in the first place.

Not as part of the story, and not something the game would even tell you you could do. It would be great if the game had lots of instances like that in it. Another target could be

Michelle

, if you were feeling particularly vengeful.

Comment

Oh man. Compared to

PlayboyX's loft full of his fully armed mates, his escape through the next building, and then more guys on the street outside, that just isn't fair. I spent ages trying to decide who I should kill. Nice to see I made the right choice.

Actually, it would be really cool if

you could track PlayboyX down after that phonecall and kill him for putting you in that position in the first place.

Not as part of the story, and not something the game would even tell you you could do. It would be great if the game had lots of instances like that in it. Another target could be

Michelle

, if you were feeling particularly vengeful.
                    I guess that would be the next step in gaming. Having the storyline adapt and improvise along the way as you do things in your own way.

Comment

Not as part of the story, and not something the game would even tell you you could do. It would be great if the game had lots of instances like that in it. Another target could be xxxx, if you were feeling particularly vengeful.
                      True - and actually in keeping with the attention to detail Rockstar have put into this game. Imagine calling their number later in the game only to hear a voicemail, saying something along the lines of, 'can't answer your call right now, I'm at the caberet club....'. Then you would have (on your own initiative) 30 mins to get there and wait for them to leave the club before gunning them down

I guess you have to weigh up the resource of putting that in against the likelihood of a gamer actually bothering to do it though.

Comment

Something they could do easily is make it that people still go about their business in the city after their story is finished (they shouldn't vanish just because they've broken ties with you), meaning there's a chance you might just randomly see them around. It would lead to Pulp Fiction-style "motherf***er!" moments.

The idea of a city that's much smaller but filled with things to do was mentioned earlier. What if you took that basic idea and combined it with this one? The whole point of such a game would be that you have a large amount of freedom to make or affect the story yourself. That would get around the issue of whether players would bother trying stuff like that - it's the point of the game, so they would. A game with infinite possibilities to branch the storyline would be impossible, of course, but I reckon you could program enough different avenues that it looks totally open to your actions even if it isn't.

Replayability would be huge in such a game. You really could do something different every time. I don't know why no one's attempted something like it, really. People love sandbox games and messing around in these open worlds. It sounds like a natural step. The dynamic nature of it would mean you often wouldn't be able to have a proper ending, I guess, but that wouldn't matter too much if the idea is to start again and try things differently anyway. It might not be GTA, but I'd love to see a game like it.

Comment

That sort of things needs to be the next step - all it would take is some clever scripting and careful planning.

It'd do wonders for my sanity to be able to permanently shut up the tramp preacher across the street from the second hideout. It's become customary to head shot him if there's there when I wake up and, if I'm on my way back, to run him down with whatever car I'm driving.

I'm getting pretty good at flipping the car on the kerb and crushing him (either up against the wall or under it)

Comment

Hehe same here mate, I hate the guy but love him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                              It's become customary to head shot him if there's there when I wake up
                              Exactly the same with me. I'm always a bit disappointed if he's NOT there

Comment

I was looking at my stats yesterday and noticed my addiction level reads as "bummed in the gob"

Comment

Working...
                                X