No announcement yet.

GTA IV - 360 & Ps3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to 100% on the 360 version of the game. Now just have three single player achievement to get.

The 5 rolls in a crash and blowing up 10 cars in 10 seconds are proving troublesome. I have seen videos of how to do them, but have yet to succeed.

Comment

Does anyone know what time/days the female shop assistant can be found working in the Modo clothing store? Apparently there's a trick to get Niko running around in her bra but whenever I go there it's the male shop assistant who's working there.

Comment

I think I might go for the 100%. Only thing is my current stats say 89.92%
        Where the hell did the .92 come from? I don't want to end on 99.92% but all through the game I've had .42 or .92 at the end

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
        The 5 rolls in a crash and blowing up 10 cars in 10 seconds are proving troublesome. I have seen videos of how to do them, but have yet to succeed.
        For the 10 vehicles one I parked 3 bikes and 2 cars in a reserved space and then blocked the other side of the road. 1 rocket shot did the job. Trying to nick 10 cars always ended up in the po-po chase. Hope this helps.

Comment

I couldn't get the explosion one, but here's how I eventually did it.

Grab a rocket launcher and as much ammo as you can carry and head over to Francis International airport. As you reach the first bend in the oval track jam the road with a car (jack another and use that too as it stops any clever motorists from driving around). Best place I've found is just before the security gate that leads to the airport track. The cars back up quite a bit there. Wait till a load have build up and then break out the rocket launcher.

As for the rolling one the yellow blocks on the airport runway dividers are your best bet. Grab something fast and hit those blocks, half on / half off, at top speed. The achievement is actually glitched and I got it just by doing two sets of three rolls in the car. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so you just have to keep trying.

Comment

33 hours of play and 32% completion. Really should try to complete this one to the end of the story. Trouble is the old "GTA Lethargy" is happening once more. I'll play it every day but not do any story. And repetition breads contempt.

Really wish the cranes worked and there were bomb shops and radio controlled cars and winches on the helicopters and tanks and helicopter gunships and more weapons scattered about so I could go sniping for fun from tall buildings and more interesting things to see in the city. No little gems to find down little alleyways and too many doors that won't open. And so on...

...and why can't I take a truck and connect it up to a trailer?

Comment

I'm at around 45 percent completion, but I seem to have hit a dry spell - by that I mean there are no new missions being made available to me! I've just spent a couple of hours doing optoinal activities and saving in my safe house to speed up the passing days, but no new missions.. did this happen to anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                33 hours of play and 32% completion. Really should try to complete this one to the end of the story. Trouble is the old "GTA Lethargy" is happening once more. I'll play it every day but not do any story. And repetition breads contempt.
                Deliver us our daily breed?

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                  I'm at around 45 percent completion, but I seem to have hit a dry spell - by that I mean there are no new missions being made available to me! I've just spent a couple of hours doing optoinal activities and saving in my safe house to speed up the passing days, but no new missions.. did this happen to anyone else?
                  You get certain points waiting for them to ring you or you have to do a sub mission ie take one of em out on a date. I remember a very early one where it wouldnt progress till I did a most wanted mission in the cop car but it should have told me about it first but it never did (had to resort to only time in guide book with story to find that out).

The percentage systems off Ive had weird amounts near the very end when I did nearly everything apart from the 12hours of story left (including side missions) and vigelante cop (ie do 20 random encounters ie stop a bloke on the run or gang crime etc.. not most wanted) and it looked like it wouldnt add up, it even did 1.2% for all the random encounters. When I finished it though it just popped 100% like it should.

Comment

Niko, "I haven't flown one of these since ... blah blah blah."

Funny that as my favourite form of transport is helicopter apparently. Despite the fact that I've clocked up nearly 400 miles by car. The stats in this game are ****ing useless

Did a couple of missions last night and some cop jobs. Enjoyed it again.

Comment

Got quite a bit done last night. I'd been stuck on the

Flatline

mission for
                      for ages. Getting stuck for a while on a mission always quells my enthusiasm for GTA games.

Easy as hell getting into the room and taking the target out, but fighting your way out of the corridor always got me killed regardless of whether I went the run and gun route, or tried to take it steady. As I attempted it again last night I noticed there's a locker room off of the reception room that has scrubs in it - you can put those on, walk past the guards and then just unplug his life support, before walking right out of the door. Awesome!

Comment

Like I said earlier in the thread, go into these missions with full health and body armour and theyre pretty easy. There is also a first aid kit in the first corridor on that mission that you can grab on the way out. Patience is the key, as is good weaponry.

Comment

I try not to over prepare, daft as it sounds. I always have a selection of weapons (Sniper rifle, shotgun, assault rifle, rocket launcher are my mainstays...) but that mission had police bursting in at close range with shotguns, which eat through armour and health at an alarming rate (Rightfully so!).

Anyhoo, I'm happy I failed the mission, otherwise I wouldn't have seen the alternative. Which was awesome.

Comment

Wow, that's a novel way to do a level.

As gamers we are generally conditioned to not even go looking for this level of interactivity as it's usually just not there. Which is why I probably missed that method of doing the level.

Comment

I think the problem with taking so long to get through the game is that there is an abundance of stuff you feel obligated to do. This is most apparent when someone calls you up to do something to maintain good relationships. Such tasks take an absolute age to do especially if you have to drive all the way, from one side of the map to pick a person up and then drive to play a labourous game of pool for the umpteenth time. Then you have to taxi them home, before you even begin to go to the next mission. You'll be lucky to get there because the odds are someone else will call you up, and should you decline, well you get a thumbs down and a notch taken off the respect or like the NPCs have of you.

I can't remember how many times i have done these boring tasks now, and it gets tiresome very quickly..........

Having said that though, i am about 45% of the way in and i spotted my very first pigeon! lol only 199 more to go! Tough lil sobs' to find!

Comment

Re: Flatline, I did it that way to start but didn't know you could just

unplug it

I ended up

capping him with a bullet to the head and then getting in to a massive gunfight

Comment

Working...
                                X