No announcement yet.

Soul Calibur IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a sucker for downloadable costumes, but that latest batch appears to only contain three items from what I can see.

Comment

How do I do critical finishes? I beat them down until their whole gauge flashes red and mine has the blue dot but all i do when i push the left bumper is stand still and touch my forehead, what am I missing?

Comment

You don't need to wait for your bar to be blue, you just have to have theirs red and flashing. You then need to do a soul crush (which basically means hit them hard enough to break an item of their armour, it makes the same sound effect as that does anyway) then tap the bumper.

There's quite a few videos on YouTube that explain it.

Comment

Sweet, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Really enjoying this and playing online, tonight I encountered about 6 spammers in a row.

Mostly with Algo and Sigfried.

Algo is so annoying, one guy backed me into a corner and used his shoulder barge which is un blockable and kept hitting me until I died. So frustrating :argh:

Another Algo used his projectiles so I could not get near him for 3 rounds in a row, so so frustrating.

Comment

Am I imagining things or does the host have a big advantage in online fights? I've been on a loooong losing streak, but since I started hosting my own sessions I haven't lost a fight.

Comment

Just noticed the Japanese version is out and it's region free according to Play-Asia. Am I right in thinking this is the first ever region free Japanese 360 game?

Comment

No, I think Riot Act (Crackdown) was the first and there's been a few others too like PGR 4, Halo 3 & Lost Planet Colonies.

Comment

the apprentice is really hard to beat. i could only defeat him by using throws - kind of cheap if you ask me.

can someone please advise me how to make best and fastest progress in the game!?! i've just started with story mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                      the apprentice is really hard to beat. i could only defeat him by using throws - kind of cheap if you ask me.

can someone please advise me how to make best and fastest progress in the game!?! i've just started with story mode.
                      bash all the buttons randomly, and you'll probably win, it has to be the best example of a button mashers dream....

Comment

can someone please explain how the "soul crush" system is supposed to work? pressing "A+B+G+K" while the opponent flashes red doesn't do anything besides my own character going into a spastic stance!

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                          can someone please explain how the "soul crush" system is supposed to work? pressing "A+B+G+K" while the opponent flashes red doesn't do anything besides my own character going into a spastic stance!

I've never pulled it off either .

OT-when the hell is Tekken 6 coming to home systems, and I thought there was a video up on XBL but I couldn't find it...

Comment

seems not many people managed to pull the "Soul Crush" off then. is this a bug or just a poor translation of what to do in the tutorial?

Comment

I found the soul crush to work fine, but it is sometimes difficult to pull off in the heat of a battle.

Comment

Me too, this broke the game for me, got stuck in the tower on a level where you need to advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X