Soul Calibur IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
    How the hell do you create a giant sweetcorn as a weapon? Is it like a joke object that namco have slipped into the character generator?
    Some weapon sets seem to have a novelty one to purchase, such as the sweetcorn, or skewers with kebab on them. Pity you can't make your own though.

Comment

Ok, so.

I would actually like to retract what I earlier said.

The frustration was a sign that I needed to improve my moveset. I took some time out, went through training again with Ivy to learn a few more of her moves, and decided to do some Special Versus ranked.

43 wins and 25 losses without the need for cheap repetition.

Comment

Mine has just updated... anyone know why?

Comment

a lot of people are complaining that they are losing to cheap tactics / moves - I too thought this but having thought through the pain I realise that there is something that can be done to overcome any situation, hit the training and look at what moves can possibly help you. People who play cheap are players who don't know nor can be bothered to learn their characters moves once you start to bombard them with solid techniques they usually don't know how to respond. Be aggressive don't give them time. If some one is spamming a move over & over then it should be easier to get your guard impacts in and then proceed in paying them their due. Guard impacts were made with spammers in mind - also stick to games that are 4 or 5 in connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
            ......also stick to games that are 4 or 5 in connection.
            I cannot agree enough with that. If there is any lag then your parries and guard impacts are royally fecked, and that makes beating a spammer nigh on impossibile.

Comment

Yeah 4 already has a negative impact on my game sometimes, 5 is usually completely lagfree for me though.

I spent some time trying to learn Setsuka, man she has a difficult moveset, especially the moves that rely on the just attacks are a pain, I can only manage them about once every 10 times. Still, even without them she's a good character, probably one of the fastest in the game.

Btw, does anyone know what exactly is in the accessory pack you can download? It's only a 100 points I think but if it's just some crap masks I'm not going to bother.

Comment

I've read that it were equipments, a few that were parts of the characters from the first SC.

But when is this due for the PAL PS Store? Whats the fuzz with this ****? not that I truly want it (although i'm a sucker for anything SC1) but I do like to have some of that SC1 music as some tracks are fairly epic.

Just Frames are hard to learn thanks to this crap training mode. The demonstration doesn't show the timing of the commands as it does in VF and even Namco's Tekken 5 DR. At least, I don't think its possible to see. Setsuka's are difficult, but her 1 AAA has to be pressed about a frame before she hits the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                  I've read that it were equipments, a few that were parts of the characters from the first SC.

But when is this due for the PAL PS Store? Whats the fuzz with this ****? not that I truly want it (although i'm a sucker for anything SC1) but I do like to have some of that SC1 music as some tracks are fairly epic.

Just Frames are hard to learn thanks to this crap training mode. The demonstration doesn't show the timing of the commands as it does in VF and even Namco's Tekken 5 DR. At least, I don't think its possible to see. Setsuka's are difficult, but her 1 AAA has to be pressed about a frame before she hits the last one.
                  Just know that Namco wants your soul for that music, or in other words 1200 MS points on the 360.

Yeah it annoyed me there's no timing info in the training mode, would have been very helpful for these moves.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    Not even close. It's not even a better game than Soul Calibur (the first one).
                    I'm thinking the same thing from what I've played of 4 so far. They've taken a load of moves out of the game and a number of things (that gave you extra options) have been removed from the system or toned down. The animation and weapon impacts don't look right either and on top of that the backgrounds and music are pretty poor. Character create mode seems to be the only good addition.

With Tekken 6 also being a big disappointment I'm thinking Namco really aren't what they used to be.

Comment

This is the gaming equivalent of manic depression.

High highs, and low lows.

I have a half-intact xbox 360 controller thanks to this game and yet, having come back to it and scores 18 wins in a row AGAIN, and proceeding to get level 32 online, I have to say i'm really beginning to enjoy it again.

I'm actually finding it really, really fun taking Cervantes noobs down so much.

Comment

Yeah, but buying a few loose tracks is an option.

About Namco being disappointing as of late, I disagree. Soulcalibur IV is, imo, the 2nd best in the series. Somehow I am more addicted to it than I was to SC2 (yeah, online is a factor.. but I also play it offline a lot). I think I found Weapon master to be a chore with those stupid dungeons, I kind of prefer this Tower. Character creation is a blast although I suck with it. Did create a cool Kunimitsu though.

To me, Namco is probably one of the stronger devs this generation: RR7, AC6, SCIV, TCIV, Tekken 5 DR all sucked me in. They are not all as great as previous installments (I think AC6 and TC IV are worse than the last few games) but they stay true to the roots.

I have not played Tekken 6, but chances are I'm going to like it although those new mechanics sound lame. I do know i'm looking out for a PS3 port.

Comment

Im enjoying this massively apart from 2 wee things..... The Apprentice and Algol, both stupidly cheap characters, seems i can beat them first time then the AI kicks up a notch and i have no chance!! any tips for them?

Aaron

Comment

Algol fell first try for me, I don't think he was any worse than Inferno was.

Comment

the final 2 characters on arcade mode, remind me alot of the dirty holograph from dead or alive!!

Comment

eh?

Alpha is helluva lot harder than these 2 sissies ever will be. I mean, kick or throw them out of the ring or simply counter their quite predictable attacking pattern.

But i do hate Apprentice and Algol. Playing as them really sucks balls. I would love it if a new update would simply erase them along with Yoda for the 360 and bring Inferno back as a boss. Not the non-fun 1 round but lots of health SC2 inferno, but simply the regular SC1 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X