Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixeljunk Eden (PSN)

demo & full game up on PSN & not sure what to make of this so far

its a kind of abstract vertical platformer with interactive music where you are trying to locte crystals (yawn) but seed 'platforms' by releasing pollen !

only had 10/15mins with it and it looks and sounds lovely but I'm finding it quite irritating to play as can't make my little chap go where I want and he keeps swinging round by a thread when i don't want him to.

I suspect its one of those skill based games with a deep-ish control system and I need to put a bit more time in.

intriguing but I'm not sold yet, at least for once you can try before you buy on PSN

Downloaded the demo last week and wasn't that impressed upon first play as the controls just seemed really counter-intuitive to what I wanted to do. I know it's a cliche, but really after a few plays it all clicked and I found myself hopelessly addicted and totally cleared the first garden.

Little tip: Double tap the jump button to propel without any silk.

Comment

I'm feeling the same way as you Merf. But i can see if i give it some more time i will enjoy it. Definetly worth 4.99, just wish the screen size thing would allow you to move the screen. For some odd reason, the left hand side is more offscreen on my hdtv while playing this game.

Comment

starting to get a lot more fluid with the control and into this a little

demo seems very generous, i've played 3 gardens and hit no limits on playing yet.

Comment

Anybody got this on their YouTube page yet?

Comment

Loving this so far in the hour or so I've put into it. Had a quick peek at garden 2 after I completed the first spectra, but have now gone back to collect all of them before moving on. I could see myself playing this for hours on end if I had the time - it's just so chill and the music and visuals are superb.

One question so far - is there anything special required to grow the larger seeds, or is it simply a case of collecting enough pollen? It seems to take ages to get the flower growing and getting a combo on the prowlers didn't appear to speed up the process at all.

Comment

Just been playing this for the past couple of hours, doing co-op with my brother. It's a quality little game.

From what I can tell you grow the larger seeds just by collecting more pollen as you said.

Comment

Just uploaded my first video, not very interesting to watch but I wanted to see how easy it was to upload.

6565KBs in size and must have taken 10 minutes to upload. Is YouTube always that slow?

There was options to upload the video to YouTube and also the option to upload it to Playstation Home. It tells me the video is not yet processed when I try to watch it, how long does it usually take?

Comment

"We're Sorry this video is no longer available (pwned)."

[Edit] working now

Comment

Didn't take that long I suppose. Do you always have to wait for processing?

Anyway, so if you want to know what it looks like to be on the title screen and wondering if it's actually recording you...there you go!

Comment

What a brilliant little game this is, well worth the fiver it costs. Well done to the Q-Games guys.

Comment

Lovely little game. Only thing I would change would be to have a mode with no timer.

Comment

i ended up playing this for an hour and half even though I thought it was only 30mins. It was all quite hypnotic and relaxing, due to the nice music and the fact its quite hard to die (you just run out of time).

its very relaxing and I love the way the levels appear to organically grow as you play. playing in a pitch dark room definitely helps the feel on this.

something feels very right with this game and I was correct in my first post, the controls are quite deep and skill based and once they click you have real control over the little chap.

nice game and well worth £5.
                          Last edited by merf; 01-08-2008, 09:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                            Just been playing this for the past couple of hours, doing co-op with my brother. It's a quality little game.
                            What what what? Co-op?

I was going to get this anyway, but thats the icing on the cake!

Can anyone explain more? Is it just multiple characters on screen? How does it handle everyone trying to go in different directions?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              It was all quite hypnotic and relaxing...
                              Indeed. I was playing until 2AM this morning (with headphones & no lights on in the room) & I'm sure I went into a hypnotic trance which is why I didn't notice the time. So far I've managed to collect four out of five Spectra in the first garden/level & I'm just loving the game - well worth ?5.

Comment

Working...
                              X