No announcement yet.

the last guy (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't necessarily care what games look like - I love GDF/EDF, for example. Eh, maybe I'll give it a shot as and when, but I just didn't feel it was that over the top to dismiss it as ugly. Even GDF has some graphical flair, and a "simple" cut-and-paste arcade game superimposed over Google Maps didn't feel like it would have anything close from the trailer. We'll see.

Comment

Are you guys getting this from an NTSC store or something? I can't see it on the PAL store.

Comment

yes, the demo is in the US store or the JPN\HK one

Comment

Okay, tried the demo, and... heh. Yes. I do like this. Not sure I'd want to pay too much for it and I still think it's fairly ugly but the audio has a lot of charm (much more than the visuals) and there's clearly a game there. Not miles more than a-dot-collecting-other-dots, but enough of one to justify a fiver, most likely. I next get paid, we'll see. But thumbs up in the end, rather than thumbs down.

Comment

Anyone else bought this?

I'm currently stuck on the Trafalgar Square level. Got up to about 1200/1500 rescued before the time ran out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
              Anyone else bought this?

I'm currently stuck on the Trafalgar Square level. Got up to about 1200/1500 rescued before the time ran out.
              Yeah I got it yesterday.

I'm loving it actualy, the concept and level design are both brilliant. Deffinitley one of my favorite games on the PSN.

Comment

Bought it this morning and played through the first few levels. Pretty addictive stuff and it certainly has a lot of old school charm to it. Can't wait to get to some levels where I know the locations.

Comment

Bought it yesterday. Only done the first few levels so far but I think it's bloody superb. I'm loving the overall design of it. With games like this PSN is slowly becoming my digital distrubition point of choice.

Comment

This game is absolutely superb!! The maps look great in HD and the music is great in a "cheesy club pumping base" kind of way.

I also love the way that I can see the hotel I'm staying on my next trip to Tokyo!! Makes me want to rescue those survivors even more!

Comment

I still can't beat the Trafalgar Sq level.

Any advice?

Comment

Got this today and been glued to my PS3 for 2 hrs solid. I downloaded the demo first and to be honest I didn't like it that much but still bought the full game anyway, I'm glad I did.

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                        I still can't beat the Trafalgar Sq level.
                        Any advice?
                        I'm also having trouble with that level. I got very close, I was only 10 survivors short!

The easiest way I found so far, was to go top left first as there's a big clusters there. The problem is bringing then back to the safe area. You can easily collection up to a 1,000 survivors. Then head bottom right for the reminding 500.

Comment

I used the same tactic but was only able to get 700 followed by another 500.

I've noticed that there's occasionally a purple return power-up in the top right of the map, but only about 1 in every 10 games. Very weird.

Comment

I think I need a bigger TV for this one, or glasses.

Comment

You know you can tap R2 to zoom in right?

Comment

So I caved and bought it. Still ugly, still gormless, still ultra-, ultra-DIY... but yes, I love it too, god damn you people. Only finished the first episode and replayed the first couple of levels a tad, but this is well worth a fiver. PSN continues to impress.

Comment

Working...
                                X