No announcement yet.

[PS3/360/PC] Dead Space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After getting a Platinum on Uncharted i started this again today and man did i forget how good it is! I started a new game on Medium as i'm only up to Chapter 2 on Hard and didnt want to get frustrated and stuck as i was as i wanna suck up the atmosphere and story and enjoy. So far on Chapter 4 and killed my first
    and that was pretty crazy. Cant wait to play more.

Comment

I'm just done reading the massive wikipedia article. Highly recommended if you've completed the game, there has been much more thought gone into this production than previously thought, and it does look like they want to progress the Unitology story further.

On Resi you have an evil company out to make a buck with biological weapons etc... on this you have the main protagonist being a full on religion with billions of followers! I can see this being a long series.

Comment

Still loving it - I'm about to

slap the beacon on the Asteroid

. Brilliant fun just love freezing baddies, then blasting off limbs whilst they fly through the air. Wicked.

Oh yeah, and I jumped a fecking mile

the second time the worm thing grabbed me

Last edited by k0pp0; 05-01-2009, 10:16.

Comment

I've just queued Tank Pack and Heavy Damage Pack. God knows if they'll be worth it.

Comment

for DLC I'd like to see a short level, in the vein of the Hunk easter egg on resi 2, with one of the space marines trying to make it off the ship

that crashes into the ishimura.

dont think that military ship was used as much as it couldve been ...

Comment

Just managed to defeat

the leviathan

. Pretty by-the-numbers, but for some reason it's been one of the best bits of the game so far for me.

Somehow I'd managed to get to this point of the game without realising you could throw objects you're holding! Not sure how much use it would have been before, but it was essential for this fight, and I only realised when I looked at an FAQ!

Comment

Hmm.. Any reason as to why my impossible mode selection from the new game screen would have vanished into thin air? I have my Hard clear game save and all rewards to go with it although there doesn't seem to be any history outside of the load game screen.

Comment

That's a well-known problem...For whatever reason, the option disappears once you start a new game on Impossible difficulty, so unless you made it to a save point, you're ****ed - You'll have to complete the game again to make Impossible Mode selectable once more.

AS SOON AS YOU START THE GAME ON IMPOSSIBLE, SAVE!

Comment

what a COCKSMOKAH!! FFS

Cheers for filling me in anyhow.

Comment

Just started this today, totally loving it

Is there any reason NOT to use the 'Elite' suit i downloaded a few weeks ago? Will it make the game too easy or screw up certain achievements for example?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
                        Just started this today, totally loving it

Is there any reason NOT to use the 'Elite' suit i downloaded a few weeks ago? Will it make the game too easy or screw up certain achievements for example?
                        I reckon you should be running through with the basics first mate tbh, the experience is all about running around with sub-50% health and next to no ammo, I've giggled with joy after getting myself out of some real situations... and also, this game has made me learn new real life 'victory poses', the first game to do that since F-Zero GX; I'd clear a section I was stuck on and then get up and flex + hold various upper body muscles, I thought I'd grown out of periods of self-glee but it seems not. 8)

You don't want to run through like Arnie on your first go mate, you want to be frightened of the enemies, not the other way 'round. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                          I reckon you should be running through with the basics first mate tbh, the experience is all about running around with sub-50% health and next to no ammo, I've giggled with joy after getting myself out of some real situations... and also, this game has made me learn new real life 'victory poses', the first game to do that since F-Zero GX; I'd clear a section I was stuck on and then get up and flex + hold various upper body muscles, I thought I'd grown out of periods of self-glee but it seems not. 8)

You don't want to run through like Arnie on your first go mate, you want to be frightened of the enemies, not the other way 'round. ;p
                          Totally Agree. The battle to get up to level 5 was a huge part of my enjoyment, just like Fallows says. Don't take away this by using a DLC suit, you will ruin the game for yourself.

Re-playing all tooled up is a giggle, but not at all like the game plays when you are forced to be careful with ammo and health!

Comment

I'm in a real situation at the moment - a long room I walked into which was obviously going to fill up with baddies. However I have next to no ammo.. Balls.

Comment

yep , this game is best played without the beefed up suit.

damn, reading all this makes me wanna start all over again ...
                              GOTY for me without a doubt... (together with Gears2).

Comment

Started round 3 last night after doing round 2 with just the plasma cutter. Still an amazing game but after 2 plays I've now got so much ammo and other items that it takes well over 30 seconds to scroll to the bottom of the safe to select a different weapon.

The last couple of chapters do run out of steam somewhat, and the last boss is insultingly easy.

Now I've got all weapons fully powered up, round 3 is going to be a hilarious, gory splatterfest. Survival horror? For the necromorphs perhaps. I'll be alright.

Comment

Working...
                                X