No announcement yet.

Tomb Raider: Underworld (demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked TombRaider legend, and I was quite looking forward to this one, but somehow after playing the demo I wasn't impressed at all, yes it does look good, but the I found controlling Lara around the levels no fun at all, like time stood still, especially after playing the demo of Mirror's Edge which feels fresh and new... No TombRaider for me I think, I'll go for Mirror's Edge instead

Comment

Played around 5 minutes of the demo (didn't want to spoil the full game), but it was long enough to realise it's a definite step up in quality over Legend. The new animation is great, I think we have Uncharted to thank for that. Also the levels seem a little more organic and not quite so 'blocky' like the originals. It's a shame that it's being released when it is, Tomb Raider doesn't have the 'top of the Christmas charts' power it once had and it's just going to get swallowed up in an avalanche of heavy weight titles. One for the Christmas list I think.

Comment

Yeah, there was once a time that every other publisher feared a new release of TR.

Even sadder is the fact that the Ps3 didn't get the demo, so I can't play it. Once upon a time the Playstation made Tomb Raider huge, extremely huge (I was sad that the Saturn TR2 was put on definite hold). And now they got the finger.

I liked Legend although it was too simplistic and too short. Anniversary took the best of both worlds. I'm looking forward to Underworld.

Comment

I really enjoyed this demo. The visuals were lush and the controls and mechanics re-assuringly Tomb Raider. There seems to have been a significant upgrade in the graphics that had me purring.

Comment

Tractor purrs?

Comment

Just completed the PC demo. Definately positive things to say, it's a very well executed Tomb Raider, and Crystal Dynamics are continuing to take the series in a positive direction.

It does raise questions for me though. This is excellent, but it's also far from new... not really anything here that we've not seen before. So what? I agree! But the issue is where Crystal Dynamics take the series from here. This game will be (quite rightly) well received, but their next game will have to demonstrate that they have a clear vision on how to progress and expand the series, in ways that Eidos never game Core the development timescale to be able to do.

We shall see. For now, the demo suggests a great new entry into the Tomb Raider series.

Comment

Some dweeb on Playr, a member of the dev team, suggested that they might be looking at co-op next time round.

Comment

Wow, just played this demo and loved it!

Really well done. I bought TR: Legend and I think I've now played the demo of this more than I did of Legend somehow. Think this is gonna be the next game I buy. Looks real pretty too. All the jumping and grabbing and puzzles have been great so far so hopefully the full game is full of them.

Comment

Good demo. Now that the levels look less like they were made out of lego pieces it seems it's going to be more difficult to find out exactly what you're supposed to do! Before it was, 'ah, there's a ledge, and there's the next one I need to jump to (as it's the right shape and distance from me)'.... now, the levels look more organic and real that you actually really have to step back and think about your surroundings more!

Might actually prefer the archaic simple system!

Comment

Yeah I thought the world looked very organic and natural and not so obvious like you say. Loved the TR games of old and this seems to bring back the feeling I had of playing them years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X