X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrors Edge [Demo] PS3/360

First of all the basics.

It's the E3 demo, plus training.

I just finished the training and felt compelled to post here.

The control scheme is so simple, yet so deep, and the sense of movement is sublime.

I can tell from my first 30 minutes that this game is everything I hope for. SP campaign will be fun, sure, but the time trial mode will be a long term prospect.

Years and years ago there was ZX specy game called "Sabateur". It just felt great to control that little sprite and replayed it over and over.

Mirror's Edge is that game. It just feels so much fun to play.

Stunning.

Nice one, wheres the 360 demo

Comment

Is this the demo that ends when you grab onto the helicopter?

Comment

Demo complete.

My feeling is unchnaged, the time trial replay will be mega!

I don't have a pre-order code, so can't try that part of the demo.

So happy the game delivered what I was hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
          Is this the demo that ends when you grab onto the helicopter?
          Yes.

Plus training, Plus Timetrial Online (If you have a code and EA account.)

Comment

Cool. How did you find the learning curve? Took me a few tries before I got the hang of it, especially the parts when you jump to grab onto the pipe and where you have to walk carefully along a pipe. The latter part was especially frustrating with the over-senstive use of the motion control in the PS3 pad. When it did click after a few tries everything just felt natural.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
              Cool. How did you find the learning curve? Took me a few tries before I got the hang of it, especially the parts when you jump to grab onto the pipe and where you have to walk carefully along a pipe. The latter part was especially frustrating with the over-senstive use of the motion control in the PS3 pad. When it did click after a few tries everything just felt natural.

I'm gonna be honest Ezee, and I'm not known here for being an arrogant person, but from the first moment I picked up the pad it just felt perfect.

The way the high L button is for "Jumps" and Lower for "Slides" just clicked in one go.

Disarming enemies and using one of the many attacks also came quite quickly. I disarmed the "Red" enemy first go.

It just seems like it was made for me tbh.

I know you play a hell of a lot more games than me too fella, so I do say the above with total respect for your skillz!

Comment

Originally posted by Lok View Post
                Nice one, wheres the 360 demo
                Due tomorrow.

Comment

Holy crap i almost forgot bout this due today *downloading* im practically peeing myself with anticipation

Comment

Is it out on the US store yet? How large is the file size? Thanks

Comment

Just noticed something on a forth playthrough, the visuals seem a bit "Jaggy" compared to the 360 demo videos I've seen. Not a huge issue, but with such a beautiful game it's a shame they couldn't match the films released.

Comment

You can turn off the Sixaxis wobbly pipe controls (which are completely pointless), once you do that it controls quite well. It's a very short demo but I enjoyed it a lot, once it drops to half price I will buy it.

It's a good game that has sadly been sent to die, buried by the fall deluge.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                          Just noticed something on a forth playthrough, the visuals seem a bit "Jaggy" compared to the 360 demo videos I've seen. Not a huge issue, but with such a beautiful game it's a shame they couldn't match the films released.
                          I always expected those screenshots and videos to be fake, no way was it ever going to match that level of anti aliasing on the environments.

Comment

917 Mb

Comment

I really enjoyed this. So that Play.com pre-order is just for the demo rather than the actual game?

SOLD! Wasn't too sure to begin with, but love it now. November is an expensive month for games. *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                              X