No announcement yet.

Gears of War 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its happening in every game then its probably your internet, but you do tend to experience the odd match like that, especially late at night when its mostly yanks playing.

You'll be penalised -1500 XP if you quit out so its best just to suck it up and hope that the match is over quickly or that the host quits.

Comment

Both are incredible games, co-op/ horde, campaign endless fun, both look incredible and play great, nitty gritty etc,
      however imo, both suck balls online, big golden balls. The netcode is just utterly terrible, if youre not the host you might as well kiss the fun goodbye (just my opinion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
        You'll be penalised -1500 XP if you quit
        That's another thing I found odd about it. The quit option in the pause menu was greyed out, so the only way I could leave the game before it finished was either going to dashboard or turning my 360 off. =/

Comment

It's possible to quit a game without being penalised by unplugging the ethernet cable from the back of your router. Epic apparently do have a system in place which monitors the frequency of players 'lagging out' and docks repeated offenders 1500 points, but providing it's only done occasionally it's all good.

Originally posted by Distant Cousin View Post
          That's another thing I found odd about it. The quit option in the pause menu was greyed out, so the only way I could leave the game before it finished was either going to dashboard or turning my 360 off. =/
          The best way of quitting, bar the router cable method, is to simply sign out of your profile. That way you're returned to the game's title screen and simply need to sign in again.

Comment

Check out this replica:

Lancer Assault Rifle: Project Triforce

Comment

that's incredible!
              So is the price like.

Comment

Triple XP week on Gears 2, for anyone who is (honestly) chasing that elusive level 100 (or in my case, level 50) ...

Comment

With tactical mode... more power, less bullets. Might slow the shotty spammers a bit, will have to see tonight with a try-out. Still getting used to the roadie run being Gears 1 style now...
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

And so having redone Gears 1 I'm now on Act 2 of Gears 2. The first thing thing that strikes in the direct switch is that though subtle the visuals are a definite step upwards and there is more use of colour to vary up the palette. There's also a huge increase in cutscenes and restrictive shoot out sequences though the cutscenes do help to highlight how poorly handled the transition of Dom from each game is handled as he goes from reliable comrade in the first game into half demented wife hunter in the second.

The controls don't seem much different, slightly less recoil on weapons but more shaking when running and the reload timing window is bigger on weapons. It's overall quite striking how little Epic did with Gears 2 beyond the visual touch ups and better cutscenes with the game essentially a big map pack. That said, it helps to increase my immersion in treating the run through of all 3 as one big singleplayer game

Comment

Working...
                    X