No announcement yet.

Left 4 Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stop playing this demo, just like Mirrors Edge it does the basic concept so well that I keep coming back.

And seriously, holy **** the friendly AI is amazing. I've been through with a full team humans only to find that they've all dropped out by the end and I've never even noticed. The game is so seemless that in the options there is a "Take a Break" selection, which will let the AI take over until you are ready - the other players won't get any pause or anything. Incredible really.

Plus the AI doesn't kill team mates as often as I seem to, which seems to be my...and usually the whole teams downfall at the moment!

Comment

There's a world of difference between playing l4d on your own and with a bunch of mates who are all communicating. It also gets much better on expert - from mundane to crazy zombie horde madness!

Comment

Just had a quick go - quite enjoyed it (playing online with randoms) but I don't think it's worth full-price. Will play it some more and see how I feel about picking it up.

Comment

Agreed, 4player co-op fun vs zombies with friends, check
          But it felt dated and i didnt like the sensitivity, controls etc, a few friends want to play it, but i wont be paying full price

Its just what the HL mod sven co-ops been doing for years

Comment

Tried both PC and 360 versions now, very little in it. 360 has a 180 spin button to compensate for the pad which works well, PC has a better title screen with nice music (but I expect the final 360 version will have the same, the one in the demo seems rushed).

Out of the two versions I probably enjoyed playing it more on the 360 to be honest, but that generally comes down having a better console setup and more confortable chair

Comment

Took all night to download on my 360. I've had one little go before bed, I only played single player on normal. I'd agree with the poster above, it really is too easy on normal. I made some pretty basic errors - falling off the ledge into a room of zombies. I never really felt in danger, on a harder difficulty I'm sure this would have resulted in a quick death.

I'll be back on tomorrow night. Gamertag - Vivsjack. I welcome any friends requests, only had my 360 two days. so online chums are pretty sparse at the moment.

Comment

Just had a quick punt on the 360 demo, absolutely loved it, I've ordered it straight away. It reminds me a lot of an old mod for Half-Life called Vampire Slayer, which was my favourite mod after Counter-Strike, and really only suffered for a general lack of polish, which Left 4 Dead has in spades!

My Gamertag is the ever embarrassing GrimBlade85, feel free to add me for some L4D fun, would be great to try out with NTSC-ukers.

Comment

I really enjoyed this, the only thing that I was not keen on, was the aiming, I keep trying to use LT for a better aiming sight (COD4 is to blame for this), head shots seems to be luck as opposed to skill.

I suppose I will get better / used to it the more I play.

Comment

Downloaded this last night in super-quick time.

I don't know what to think really. It's very smooth but that could be due to it's simplistic looks (coming from Gears 2 it does look a little basic).

I'm just finding it a bit too fast and the controls, to me, seem to be a bit loose and there doesn't seem to be any feedback when you shoot the enemies (except for the Boomers but they explode so it's a bit obvious they're dead).

I think I'll give this a miss. Shame as I had high hopes for this

Comment

I really liked it.

The frantic pace was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, with tons of the undead buggers swarming toward you. The only thing that concerns me is the potential length of the game. I read somewhere that the demo represents about a quarter of the full game and given the amount of development time this game had had, that'll be a big disappointment.

I guess it represents the growing habit of eschewing a lengthy single player experience in favour of increasingly lengthy multiplayer ones. To be honest, it's not something i'm happy about either.

But hey, it has zombies in it, so i'll be throwing money at the shopkeeper regardless.

Comment

yeh its great fun also a little scary lol deffo be picking it up, just a shame it has no proper aiming like lt like you said above
                        Last edited by yesteryeargames; 12-11-2008, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by [nothing] View Post
                          I really liked it.

The frantic pace was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, with tons of the undead buggers swarming toward you. The only thing that concerns me is the potential length of the game. I read somewhere that the demo represents about a quarter of the full game and given the amount of development time this game had had, that'll be a big disappointment.

I guess it represents the growing habit of eschewing a lengthy single player experience in favour of increasingly lengthy multiplayer ones. To be honest, it's not something i'm happy about either.

But hey, it has zombies in it, so i'll be throwing money at the shopkeeper regardless.
                          Well the demo is 2 parts of a 5 part chapter

and there are 5 chapters, so if they were all of equal length then it would represent about 2/25ths of the game :P

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                            Well the demo is 2 parts of a 5 part chapter

and there are 5 chapters, so if they were all of equal length then it would represent about 2/25ths of the game :P
                            Excellent, I was fed a load of cobblers, or drunk when I read it. I try not to read anything about big titles before they come out, which doesn't always work to my advantage.

Still, my excitement for this had now turned up to eleven.

Comment

Loved this! its really gets a across the panic of being attacked by tons of zombies. Special mention should go to the sound, which is totally amazing.

Comment

Totally agree on the sound front - it's definitely a headphones game

Comment

Working...
                                X