No announcement yet.

Border Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.jpngames.co.uk are still taking pre-orders for all versions of Border Down, including the Sega Direct ones.

25th September:

Comment

I've had my standard version on preorder for ages. Cant wait, not long to go!

I looked at the LE version but from the vids the music seems pretty crap, so i dont want the soundtrack and i definitely dont need a mousemat. Although i bet in 3 years time when it's worth a million pounds i'll regret my decision, but hey!

Comment

I played a demo of the DC version last week and it's safe to say it's a sweet game. As per all Naomi conversions it's exactly the same as the arcade version and is gonna be a definate pick up on release. Now on then to wait for Shikigami No Shiro 2!!

Comment

I just got word from Play-Asia that my copy of Border Down has shipped.

Comment

My play-asia order has shipped also!!

Comment

Anyone got theirs yet? Care to give some 'initial impressions' if you do?

I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for mine to arrive

Comment

There are some first impressions of Border Down DC here:

Hope that helps

Comment

Got my LE copy yesterday. Having played the arcade version a fair bit, its safe to say that this is arcade perfect. Id say its better than the arcade cos of the 'remix mode'. If you like RType, Un Squadron and the thunderforce games, youll like this game for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                    If you like RType, Un Squadron and the thunderforce games, youll like this game for sure.
                    Phwoah! YES!!! That's just what I want to hear right now! Thanks mate.

Comment

sounds promising.. ive been wanting to here those 2 little words from someone since yesterdays release. "arcade perfect".

Comment

I've been playing for a bit, and I'm quite pleased with it. Presentation is brill, with the typical Japlish nonsense in all the attract screens and some great artwork. The in-game 3d varies in quality. The first level for example is incredibly meticulous, featuring tiny roads and bridges stretching into the distance where there is a massive coms tower piercing the clouds. The entry into the level has a great effect too where wireframe vectors are first filled and then coloured as a lens-flare marks the commencement of the game. So detailed are the graphics in this stage that if you look closely at the very first building you pass, you can make out internal architecture such as stairwells and desks (blink and you'll miss it though). The second stage in contrast feels pretty average, but this was likely due to the level being attacked from 3 different routes (borders) so they had to spread the design around more than the fixed-route first level.

The music is weird though. Not really sure what style it's supposed to be, but some of it definitely sounds like the stuff in Darius Gaiden on the Saturn. It's not intrusive, but I don't know if it's what I would call 100% suitable for a shooter.

Overall though, a very solid addition to any shmup fan's collection, and another great hardcore arcade title for the DC.

Comment

The music is composed by a member of Zuntata (Yasuhisa Watanabe), so that would explain the 'odd' music.

Comment

cheers for the impressions Vaipon, it sounds rockin.

After the onslaught of bastard hard shooters recently, I'm hoping for something a little less harsh meself

does anyone have any impressions on the LE packaging? Anyone seen the d-direct version yet?

Comment

from what i understand, the direct version will be the same boxart as the regular LE.. packaged with the OST.

the mouse mat i understand is..

and the extra soundtrack CD case...

but i dont think anyone over here will be getting the d-direct version until wednesday or so

as for difficulty, i hear border down is a very unforgiving shmup should be a challenging one from what people have said about the coinop.

Comment

It is quite hard, controls are quite meticulous. I like the idea of tapping the shoot button for the homing type missiles and holding it down for direct fire.

I find the 2nd part of stage 2 infuriating, and I need to work on my technique a bit for the boss at the end of stage 2 as well.

Very good stuff so far though.

Comment

Working...
                                X