Last Remnant (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Remnant (360)

Being a huge Square-Enix lover, I really couldn't wait to get this game.

Been playing about an hour now and this game is really good. I was worried about the tactical side of the game, but it's very subtle and still keeps a very traditional battle system in ways. You have a union in the battle which is broken up into units and you select enemy attacks via each unit. The first battle comes across as VERY complex, but it's not one you really control. You mostly get to see how the battles looks, which look very impressive.
    Also, after every battle you are automatically healed and all status effects disappear.

The game looks really nice, and definitely benefits from being installed on the hard drive. Load times are about 2-3 seconds for each section, which is really impressive. The character designs look wonders better than Infinite Undiscovery.

The voice acting is also very well done. If you watch lots of anime, you will definitely recognize the characters voices (Johnny Yong Bosch plays Rush, who is the main character.) The voice talent definitely helps the game, and in the cut-scenes the voices match with lip movements, which shows they've matched the voice flaps for English, which bugged me a lot on IU.

The battle system is quite complex, and I'm still figuring it out. The music is gorgeous as well, it's what you'd come to expect from a Square-Enix game.

Just thought I'd post initial impressions so far. It's also on 2 discs.

Hmm tempted to pick this up but the only JRPG I have enjoyed this generation is Lost Odyssey. Would you say it holds up well against that from what you have played so far?

Comment

Also tempted to pick this up, although i want to pick up Naruto which is out tomorrow and funds are a tad lowish, but yes this does look a winner

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
        Hmm tempted to pick this up but the only JRPG I have enjoyed this generation is Lost Odyssey. Would you say it holds up well against that from what you have played so far?
        I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey myself. It's hard to compare really as this game is quite different. I wouldn't want to honestly say yet as I haven't gotten that far into it yet. Definitely worth checking out though.

Also, you'll get a mighty surprise when you meet the first bartender in game. ^.^
        Last edited by elaniel; 20-11-2008, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
          The first battle comes across as VERY complex...
          Bloody hell, you're not wrong.

I started it, quit it, and am going to read the manual first. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            Bloody hell, you're not wrong.

I started it, quit it, and am going to read the manual first. Lol
            Don't worry about that battle. Just click attack and let it play out. It tones down after that. I think that first battle was just to show it off.

Comment

Frankly, it scared me!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                Frankly, it scared me!
                It did me too! I just went "....Kay."
                A lot of Square-Enix games throw you in it for the first battle, so I was hoping it was the same situation

Comment

Anyone know how much Sainsburys will be doing this for? I must admit what I have seen looks lush - apart from the main characters run animation. What went wrong there?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBungle View Post
                    Anyone know how much Sainsburys will be doing this for? I must admit what I have seen looks lush - apart from the main characters run animation. What went wrong there?
                    Not sure. Maybe best to call them. BTW the game came out today (Thursday) in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by elaniel View Post
                      Not sure. Maybe best to call them. BTW the game came out today (Thursday) in the UK.
                      Oh man, and knowing Sainsburys near me they won't have had many copies in either. Fingers crossed when I get there tomorrow. Cheers!

Comment

Just quickly had a go of this. Its certainly a preety game, but man the slowdown is appaulling.

Comment

Have you installed it?

Comment

Yep, first thing i did when i put the disc in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                              Just quickly had a go of this. Its certainly a preety game, but man the slowdown is appaulling.
                              Really? I haven't noticed that much, if any at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X