Last Remnant (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You serious?

Except it was alot worse when i first started it. That first battle you go into for example, the framerate was crawling on its knees. Especially with the final attack you do. Its also has terrible popin.

I took it back and got Banjo instead. I'll give it another shot when it drops down to £20.

Comment

Maybe my eyes just don't see it that much. I'm really enjoying the game though Full props to Square-Enix for attempting a JRPG from the Unreal Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        You serious?

Except it was alot worse when i first started it. That first battle you go into for example, the framerate was crawling on its knees. Especially with the final attack you do. Its also has terrible popin.

I took it back and got Banjo instead. I'll give it another shot when it drops down to ?20.
        Zero have you got 20GB or 120GB hard drive?, the 120s are much faster than the 20

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
          I took it back and got Banjo instead. I'll give it another shot when it drops down to ?20.
          It already has!

I'm quite looking forward to playing it myself these sort of technical issues don't tend to bother me too much as long as the gameplay and story is solid.

Comment

Anyone able to do me a favour and pop the PAL disc in a NTSC-J console to see if it works?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Anyone able to do me a favour and pop the PAL disc in a NTSC-J console to see if it works?
              That's a no.... It doesn't work.

Comment

This game is a bit hard isn't it? I keep dying on the very first pub missions you can do and despite the numerous tips during the loading screens the game is not helpful at all in explaining the union battle system and the way you level up. Anybody have any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                  This game is a bit hard isn't it? I keep dying on the very first pub missions you can do and despite the numerous tips during the loading screens the game is not helpful at all in explaining the union battle system and the way you level up. Anybody have any tips?
                  Hire Leaders from the Guild.

Comment

Yeah I tried that, first the game failed to tell me I had to set up unions for them to actually participate in battle. After figuring that out I put them in new unions which didn't work well at all, and now I have them all in my union which seems to work a lot better.

Comment

Ok, a few more questions:

How does the levelling up work? I seem to get random stat increases regularly, but what determines this?

What do I do with the captured enemies? I know I can sell them, the game said something about the vendors getting more items in stock if I do this but so far I haven't seen this. Should I sell them all to 1 vendor until he gets something new?

How exactly do you learn new arts? It says use 1 style constantly, which I have been doing but I haven't learned any 2 handed skill yet even though I've been using 2 handed since the start almost.

Comment

Done 6hours on this in last couple of nights and loving it. Had shoved it away for chrimbly but the dire reviews made it come out but I cant see what all the fuss is against it. Yep its complicated for the first couple of hours for the battle system and setting them up but its not that hard once you suss it out how to use it (the fights themeselves are a different matter they aint easy). Havent noticed much slowdown at all when its installed and also loads quick off the HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
                          Ok, a few more questions:

How does the levelling up work? I seem to get random stat increases regularly, but what determines this?

What do I do with the captured enemies? I know I can sell them, the game said something about the vendors getting more items in stock if I do this but so far I haven't seen this. Should I sell them all to 1 vendor until he gets something new?

How exactly do you learn new arts? It says use 1 style constantly, which I have been doing but I haven't learned any 2 handed skill yet even though I've been using 2 handed since the start almost.
                          I think the levelling just ends up happening the more you fight. The captured enemies later on the stores sell you different items if you sell to them. I haven't come across this yet though.

New arts seem to just unlock for me. I'm using a polearm and getting new arts quite often for it.

Comment

If you look at a few weapon stores and scroll to the bottom of their item list. If they have a few greyed out, not in stock items, then sell your captured creatures there.

The only two handed style I got was the 'power grip', keep using the combat art attack command and you should eventually learn one.

I learned the healing spell from a quest though, so there's bound to be more that can be obtained that way.

Comment

Im totally hooked on this spent 16hours since Saturday. Disaster struck last night when my profile corrupted and it ate all my saves on every game when I recovered it so had to start again. Found this out at 2am and I couldnt help doing 3hours on this to get going again. I was more upset about Too Human (40hr+ one char) and DS saves as this doesnt bother me starting again.

Some tips on it are Id personally start out with a sword and shield as you can block some attacks with the shield and you find a lovely sword that does same damage as a 2h katana. The game has a very clever leveling system you dont just choose what arts to go into it does it thru repetiton. Ie you start out with attack for melee and spark for mystic. The more you use melee it then gives you a melee spell (knee breaker or something) the more you use spark it then develops into another spell and then what happens is you get more from them. The ones you already know ie knee breaker if you keep using it it will go up to level 2 and so on as well so you learn spells quite quickly. Some things you learn by doing sub quests via the pubs like using restoration stuff. And at certain times it will branch and ask what you would like to learn next but so far for me you end up learning them both anyway after you have got further.

You end up using the main group of David etc.. so I wouldnt go too mad on buying loads of leaders at the guild. Id just go for 2 more (ie 3 total) as you get to recruit soldiers for free to fill in the gaps. You also learn tactics from picking them up off statue green thingys out in the wild or from doing pub quests. Ive found the arrowhead the best one and for that I use points 1,2,3,4 and leave the back exposed as 1and2 get to use more spells in that position wheras at 5 you hardly get to use anything.

If you finding it hard revist some areas like the early caverns and level a bit (the levels are the one top right battle level end of every fight it tells you). Its also better early on to have two groups of 5 and 4 than it is to have 3 groups of 3 as their too weak.

Id also reccomend dumping this onto a HDD to stop any hint of slowdown or loading as its lovely and smooth off the HDD.

Tips for money when you get back to a town go to sell and sell all the captured creatures. Dont bother buying anyway weapons or items as you find plenty to help you in the 16hours Ive played so far. I have to admit though I never had to bother much buying stuff so far. I went mental on the old save and kept buying weapons but now I go back I know I can save loads as I wont need them. You can make shed loads by revisiting the guild master and checking completed tasks. For some reason you dont get told what they are but its stuff like killing 8spiders and go back and check completed flashing ones and it then gives you a reward and sometimes formations.

Tips for fighting when you get going after a few hours is to choose at least 2 chars in each formation that can either heal with restore or items (make sure to buy plenty of items for health restore from vendor early on) you can find plenty of soliders with around 200-220 health that do this as they become invaluable especially if your in the habit of grabbing multi groups for greater reward when you fight. The 4 generals just learn how to restore off their own back I had the female general just learn it for no reason on previous lost save. Also keep the soldiers you have been using. Every character you have in your group learns new spells so the more you use them the stronger they become and learn quicker. You can find the soldier recruiter in the general market on athlum after a few hours (they tell you this anyway but they dont make it that clear where he is).

Certain spells also have weapon attachments ie one if you have a maul it does more damage with and of course certain mobs are more resistent to melee attacks but not mystic ones.
                              Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2008, 13:24.

Comment

I'm guessing you meant the 360 corrupted all your saves, and not the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X