No announcement yet.

Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This game just continues to amaze me. Does it ever end? Every time i think I've seen all it has to offer it throws out another bunch of unlockables at me.

Firstly, I finished

Shade impulse

. My Warrior of Light had become too powerful for the final battle to be a true challenge but I loved the fight. Combination of the boss, the stage and the ridiculously cheesy boss theme (VOCALS! ) really made it feel special. Nice (if unspectacular) ending but it's always a pleasure to hear a new version of the classic FF theme.

But this opened further tales in Story Mode and the

Duel Colosseum

The first extra story was the one I'd been waiting for as a long-time XI player,

Shantotto

. They have absolutely nailed her character perfectly. The voice actress is perfect, her dialogue replicates her rhyming couplets and the mannerisms have all been captured to a tee (Oho~hohoho!!~).

Really, I'm just appreciative (and surprised) of how much attention Final Fantasy XI Online has received in this game. From use of music from the game to the fact that the icon for

Shantotto's

story is the Windurst flag logo, all are little touches that I never expected. I had a Mognet quiz question that even referenced Fantastic Fraulein Mumor which is obscure even for someone who has been playing XI for 6 years.

Plus just looking at the PP catalogue shows there's a whole heap of extra goodies for me to nab (including an extra battle theme from each game which I think may have been omitted from the game's 2-disc OST).

Comment

Trying to get 100% completion on the Warrior of Light's story. Anyone managed this yet? Currently stuck at 96%.

I've unlocked all 4 story point rewards and gone through again beating every statue, collecting every item and clearing all the DP conditions in a single run.

Not sure what else it could be.

EDIT - Figured it out. You also need to collect all the different Level Bonus rewards (the items that cycle on the reel above the map). Annoyingly, to get the very highest one, you need a specific Skill to be available on that particular map (and the skills you get granted are random).
      Last edited by C'; 04-10-2009, 18:46.

Comment

I saw that game on the PSN Vita Store and his sequel and I was wondering if they were good games after all.

Is Duodecim also better than the original?

Comment

Duodecim is better because you get the entire campaign of the first game unlocked when you finish it.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I've just started it and I like it a lot. I have difficulties being able to know the difference between winning and losing a battle. Some time the match lasts very long and both characters keep on fighting forever. And at the end I lose. I don't know what strategy to apply to win.

So far I was fighting until the opponent strikes back, when he does that, I defend and then strikes back.

Comment

Working...
            X