No announcement yet.

Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to G1 recently but I'm not finding it that bad. I've played maybe 30 matches, and had a pretty even mix of gief, blanka, ryu, ken, akuma, cammy, abel. Agree about the longer waits, especially for the final, but the vast majority of the games are a decent standard at least. Feel free to add me for games though.
    I find player match often gives a good standard if you're looking for decent randoms.

Comment

I almost played you in a G2 final Psy a a few weeks back... saw you in the list of people waiting for matches and decided, just to see how we'd get on, hit A. Sadly someone must have got in there just before me. Ah well... maybe I'll clear down my friends list a little more and add you
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Sure thing

Comment

nice Balrog video tutorial by Gooteks (US tournament player) for those looking to learn rog.

here

Comment

I thought I was an 'okay' games player ... but I've only manged to beat Seth once ...

It's no secret he's cheap but even when I try and out-cheap him (spamming sweep or high kick) I still fail. I'm guessing you either 'get' how to beat him down or you don't.

Love everything else about the game ... just wish I could unlock a few more characters.

Comment

I'm getting the same thing,tried about 5 times last night with cammy,spammed the kick thing all the way through then got spammed by seth with that ****ty piledriver move!!!
              On easiest I can't even win
              Cheap c**t.

PS nice avatar I love revelation records,into another FTW

Comment

Seth is really easy to beat if you hang back. I should really post a video of what I mean - but the AI is rubbish and predictable when fighting him with any character, I'll try and explain.

A simple way to beat him is to jump to the back of the screen from the get go - keep moving backwards, throw projectiles if you have them and wait for him to do his off the wall jump - this is his Achilles heal. When he does this he's vulnerable, take him out the of sky with a basic aerial move like a straight jump kick or punch, or a SHO-RYU-KEN type move if you have one, then rinse and repeat (you might need to change sides).

It's not that fun and you have to be a bit patient but it works every time for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Widegoat View Post
                  A simple way to beat him is to jump to the back of the screen from the get go - keep moving backwards, throw projectiles if you have them and wait for him to do his off the wall jump - this is his Achilles heal. When he does this he's vulnerable, take him out the of sky with a basic aerial move like a straight jump kick or punch, or a SHO-RYU-KEN type move if you have one, then rinse and repeat (you might need to change sides).
                  I'll give that a go, much appreciated

Originally posted by Widegoat View Post
                  It's not that fun
                  Not a problem if it means unlocking more characters.

Originally posted by analog dog View Post
                  into another FTW
                  One of my all time favourite bands

Comment

just been watching some evo 2009 matches, some really good fights - check out the sakura in this match...OMG

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

just watched that sakura match and that was solid. it's nice to see ryu get a kicking once in a while. i didnt manage to watch the live stream but why is the frame rate of these evo vids so low. i watched the devastation stream, some live and some recorded via ustream and both had a better frame rate than the evo vids. i would have thought that evo being the bigger event they would have been setting the standard.

Comment

I've just started play this again
                        damn i have missed it

Comment

I was foolish enough to accept Psyduck's game invite a couple of nights back - that boy whupped me like I'd said something personal, spilled his pint & chatted up his Mrs all in one.

Comment

I've had a month or two break from this since rinsing it from release. Last few days, I've been slowly wanting to get it back on.

Comment

i need more people from here to help me get better

Comment

Think that's exaggerating a little there mr d, pretty sure you took a couple of bouts, and very nearly had my blanka beat on a couple of occasions with bison...

Comment

Working...
                                X