Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I R platinums!

I'm not sure why I gave up on this for a whole year, (well I do, it was to play Killzone 2) but I'm really glad I went back to it. Feel a bit weird now that there is no point in actually playing it anymore other than to level up, so that's exactly what I shall do! Those three other games I've bought recently can stay right there on t'shelf.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Been away on Hols and have missed this.

Going through NG+ but don't seem to be able to combine my Soul Brand and Demon Brand.

NG+ is a lot harder though - it shows how lazy you can get with the combat when you level up enough...

Still love it though, epic sense of dread again on 3-1. World 4 is easy to complete in its entirety though, everyone should nail it straight after they finish 1-1.

Comment

Beat 2-2, and you should be able to combine the 2 swords. I believe the red hot demon's soul resets iirc. At least I remember having to give the item in NG+ too.

Comment

You have to do it on every game.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            Beat 2-2, and you should be able to combine the 2 swords. I believe the red hot demon's soul resets iirc. At least I remember having to give the item in NG+ too.
            Ah, I thought as much... Oh well, will need to get the spell with RHDS on my third playthrough.

Must remember to get water veil this time too.

I thought the Flamelurker was quite hard.

Comment

Consuming RHDS can be game-breaking. You best hope you have good enough weapons to get you through NG+.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                Consuming RHDS can be game-breaking. You best hope you have good enough weapons to get you through NG+.
                Yeah... I currently don't. Rocking a boring Dragonsword +2 / Sharp Uchigatana +3.

Perhaps need to farm so I'm not so heavily focused on sexy soul arrow tactics.

Comment

You could get a bow and play long-range.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You could get a bow and play long-range.
                    I could... My bow is a retarded Long Bow +6 at the moment.

Should either just get rid or ramp it up a bit. I like having all the options but it means I am ALWAYS over 50% equip burden.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                      I could... My bow is a retarded Long Bow +6 at the moment.

Should either just get rid or ramp it up a bit. I like having all the options but it means I am ALWAYS over 50% equip burden.
                      Long Bow +6 is pretty decent I reckon. Perhaps you could get a Compound Long Bow or a White Bow if your stats are high enough though. Hardstone is quite easy to come by, so you could get another upgraded sharpish.

I try to stay at 1/4 weight burden, and so carry only four weapons, five when I needed both a talisman and a catalyst. I max out my load burden with x99 of Full Moon Grass, Old Spice and Kunai though.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Long Bow +6 is pretty decent I reckon. Perhaps you could get a Compound Long Bow or a White Bow if your stats are high enough though. Hardstone is quite easy to come by, so you could get another upgraded sharpish.

I try to stay at 1/4 weight burden, and so carry only four weapons, five when I needed both a talisman and a catalyst. I max out my load burden with x99 of Full Moon Grass, Old Spice and Kunai though.
                        Not sure my Dex is high enough for a white bow but I do have one. At Soul level 90 ish with an even spread across the board (save for faith and luck) so maybe I can now.

This game really gets into your head...

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new to this but I just managed to beat Phalanx so now I feel like a gaming god and I'm hooked. Anyway, need some advice. I slaughtered the dregling merchant just for the fun of it in 1-1. Was this a bad idea? Am I not going to see a merchant through the rest of world 1?

Comment

No you won't, but he's a bit of a crap merchant anyway. The only things I ever buy from him are a short spear for upgrading and the Claymore.

If you plan on rinsing the game thoroughly then make sure you don't kill any other merchants or important NPCs... at least not until you are nearly finished the first game cycle.

I'm just about done with my 3rd platinum - just have to beat a few more bosses to learn the last three spells. I feel like I've been playing nothing but Demon's Souls for over a year! Funnily enough I stopped playing it last year to move on to Blazblue and the same exact thing is going to happen this year as well...

P.S. Why is this poll anonymous when all the others show the names of who voted? I want to know who the wind-up merchant is that gave it 4/10!
                            Last edited by Darwock; 03-08-2010, 15:57.

Comment

Think the poll has been fixed (it was merf BTW!)

Comment

Yeah, poll is public now. Hoping to pick up a version of this on Friday that I'll actually play.

Comment

Working...
                                X