No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can only be invaded when in human form, I think.

Comment

You have to be in body form to summon others and N45 is correct, you can only be invaded when in body form.

Comment

Ignore world tendency for the first playthrough, just enjoy yourself. It will make more sense eventually.

Summon signs are blue, not green.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
          and it doesn't seem you can do much to affect tendency (world tendency at least) when playing online, as it reflects actions of all players...?!
          Just want to address this as it continues to be misunderstood on all corners of the internet. You can change world tendency until the cows come home when playing online and nothing will counter those actions, it's only when you LOAD THE GAME in online mode that it changes them.

So the three solutions are:

1) Do everything tendency related for a world in a single session so you never load the game.

2) Go offline next time you load the game after reaching pure black/white, do the world tendency stuff, then go back online time after that.

3) Play offline altogether. (not much fun, this one).

But yes, Anilones is correct - ignore tendencies until you have a better understanding of the game in general. If you need to do the tendency stuff it's only for the trophies, and if you want all the trophies you are looking at loads of play throughs anyway - so no rush.

Comment

Ah ok, thanks for advice everyone. Anyway being invaded is fun, can't see why you'd want to avoid by playing half-head, unless you were being super-precious about your souls.

Comment

The appeal in staying in soul form really is to protect the pure white tendency (which is not easy to achieve) but since we just told you to ignore that.. .erm... never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post

3) Play offline altogether. (not much fun, this one).
                Disagree. I Had great fun, it was just me against everything else. Complete isolation!

I'll play online when the dark, cold night creep back in.

Comment

Obviously I didn't intend to imply the online component is the only part of the game that is fun.

It's just if you are cut off from the risk of invaders you are missing out big time. It's easily the biggest thrill in the game when you find yourself under attack (and it never gets old, even when you know the maps inside out!).

Comment

Am I right in thinking there's a standard edition being released in stores here tomorrow?

Comment

Yip. That's what I'll be picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        Obviously I didn't intend to imply the online component is the only part of the game that is fun.

It's just if you are cut off from the risk of invaders you are missing out big time. It's easily the biggest thrill in the game when you find yourself under attack (and it never gets old, even when you know the maps inside out!).
                        So true.

Even when your chara is platinum level, invasion gets your heart racing. I can hold my own in PVP now, but it's always "ZOMG look at the size of him".
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Noob question no. 356:

How do I trade with that crow in 4.1? I can hear her but can only see the nest. She won't appear despite me waving lots of shiny things about.

Had great fun blue phantoming in 4.1 last night. Me and some guy were so intent on bowing ostentatiously to each other that we were hacked to pieces before we finished lol.

Comment

You drop an item in front of her tree, and if she accepts it you load your game and then you'll find your prize up the hill, just out of view of where you were originally standing.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Man, this game doesn't like making things easy. Great idea, though, rather than the usual rpg merchant. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                You drop an item in front of her tree, and if she accepts it you load your game and then you'll find your prize up the hill, just out of view of where you were originally standing.
                                It's little things like this they need to sort out in any sequel. There is no way on earth that anyone could possibly know what they're supposed to do on that bit. Ridiculous. Still awesome mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X