No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do i turn off player invasion, if i can?

Im only lv8 or some **** and this player invades my world, uses this spear on me that destroys all my item durability so to repair its going to cost me 15k souls or something, then kills me of course

Comment

You can't turn off player invasions unless you play in full offline mode, by not signing into the Playstation Network when you start the game.

As for Maneaters, I know its a bit of a cheat but I found out you could shoot the first one with arrows from behind the fog! There are cheap ways to kill nearly every boss in this game

Comment

Well, you can turn them off by not being in body form.

Again I'm going to assume that was the US version Largo? That guy was using the scraping spear which is designed to do just that - destroy your opponents equipment. To use it as an invader is the ultimate bad sportsmanship (along with acid cloud) so whoever did it was setting out to be an asshole in the first place.

Comment

Doing a bit of weapon upgrading for the trophies and I'm already having a hard time with the Mantas in 4 not dropping what I want. I've done most of what I thought was the content of having all pure black worlds, til I found out about Primevil Demons and increased drop rates. So question being: do I really need pure black again to make farming less painful or is it always going to be a sod?

I don't want to farm Ephemeral Eyes so I've been trying to kill people to get body form back. Has anyone else had alot of trouble finding worlds to invade, or even being summoned by other players like I have? US version. Took me a while today to find someone to invade, not including people who disconnect soon as they see me, and it kinda sucks not having these options readily available as there's no other ways to get body form back without having to spend all day farming Eph.Eyes.

Comment

As far as the cloudstones are concerned, having pure black is not going to ease your frustration by much. They are extremely rare drops in all circumstances.

But in all other cases it is madness to go farming (or gecko hunting) without pure black tendency.

Comment

Guys I truly loved this game and grinding it through to the glorious end, despite and maybe because it was so hellish. And I often relied on the sage wisdom from this very thread. But I'd like to know what keeps you coming back through NG+ situations, especially when farming is evidently so displeasurable?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                Guys I truly loved this game and grinding it through to the glorious end, despite and maybe because it was so hellish. And I often relied on the sage wisdom from this very thread. But I'd like to know what keeps you coming back through NG+ situations, especially when farming is evidently so displeasurable?
                EDIT. Scratch the above. I just worked it out. Online is a blast and much more intense in NG+.

Comment

When

im summoned as the old monk boss

, if i lose do i lose all my current souls?

EDIT: Spoiler tagged - one of the best surprises in the game!
                  Last edited by Brad; 06-09-2010, 08:43.

Comment

No, you don't. The only thing you will lose are any items you used during the fight. Winning blackens your character tendency.

Comment

Pure Bladestone. Someone say a prayer for me, I've already lost countless hours trying to get one. I have gained a rediculous amount of soul levels trying to get it

Comment

doesnt that drop from black phantom skeletons in realm 4 pure black? i seem to recall its like a 1 in 200 chance or something...could be totally wrong about all of this

im there grinding souls, but as im still such a nub sometimes i mess up the soul sucker distance, and they turn around and kill me in 1 hit...fsking fdsff3io4323fsdf

Comment

So far I've only managed to clear 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1 in NG+. Kicking my ass is an understatement. If I hadn't have discovered the shortcut in 4-1 I imagine I'd be down a Dual Shock 3 by now.

Comment

I managed to beat the very first section and I'm around level 22, where is best to go next? I got savaged along the dragon ramparts and finally got to a boss who skanked me. Do I stay on that or try elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Largo View Post
                              doesnt that drop from black phantom skeletons in realm 4 pure black? i seem to recall its like a 1 in 200 chance or something...could be totally wrong about all of this
                              Yeh the black phantom dual katana skeleton which you can approach from behind if you enter from 4-3 and go backwards through the level. I was killing the skeleton with melee backstabs aswell as I don't have soul suck yet. Got the drop last night! I can't think of any item in any RPG I've ever played with a worser drop rate rate

Comment

I can't think of any item in any RPG I've ever played with a worser drop rate rate
                                Pure Cloudstone.

Comment

Working...
                                X