No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't really matter, it's at the bottom of Executioner Miralda's pit. You could always just kill Biorr too.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      Doesn't really matter, it's at the bottom of Executioner Miralda's pit. You could always just kill Biorr too.
      I may kill him, but I kind of like him.

Think I'll do everything in all the worlds first then go on a killing spree before I enter the end game. NG++ awaits...

Comment

Keep in mind that certain characters disappear after certain events.

Comment

Ok, the entire event with

Yurt the Silent Chief

was a bit of shock. Nice loot though.

Thinking back, I was suspicious initially when I first saw them but put it down to bad voice acting. I had noticed that

a couple of people in the Nexus seemed to be disappearing and a couple of dead bodies with soul loot had mysteriously appeared. Was that Yurt's doing?

Also killed Penetrator (made too easy by rescuing
          and Old Monk (who seemed to have nothing to get through my shield). Killing Old Monk whilst in physical form actually got me Pure White Tendency in Latria so I was able to get beyond the rubble. I still haven't been able to rescue the blue phantom locked away who keeps shouting. I assumed Pure White would open the way to the key but couldn't find anything.

Comment

It sounds like you missed out on the real fun of the Old Monk. I don't really want to spoil it but... were you playing online?

Hint - the way to the key did open and it's in the second stage. If you want to be sure of keeping pure white tendency to go and find it next time you play, you had better sign out of PSN before starting the game.
            Last edited by Darwock; 24-08-2010, 06:05.

Comment

I have been online throughout, never disconnected. It did seem like there was something missing with Old Monk as he was pathetic.

When I switched off last night I was in stage 1-1. Does that mean I can load up later on whilst online and Latria will still be Pure White? It's a really baffling design decision that you work on getting pure white and they can remove it from you because of where you load into.

I remember you said that physical changes in a world that need certain tendency remain regardless (i.e. the gate at the start of 1-1 remains open despite losing Pure White). Does that mean all of the Latria paths related to it will be open now regardless or if I lose the tendency prior to finding a new path, will it be closed?

Comment

The paths will definitely remain open if you entered that part of the world while it was under pure white. I'm not 100% sure if all paths in all stages of a world open if you only visit one stage, but I don't think they do - better safe than sorry.

If you beat the Old Monk, then went back to 3-1 only, that doesn't guarantee that the paths in 3-2 have also been unlocked. So I would stay offline until you have gone in there at least once.

It's nothing to do with loading in the nexus, this is one of the gripes I've had with the wiki since the beginning - it's full of crap, yet it's the first place everybody looks and so the misinformation gets propagated all over the internet. It used to also say that you couldn't use the evacuate miracle without resetting your tendency - utter balls.

All areas can shift tendencies when loading in online mode except the one you are in, and that's only because tendency changes cannot take effect when you are currently in a world.

Incidentally, as you have finished Latria now, try sticking down your blue eye soul sign a few times while in there and see what happens

Comment

Ok I'll make sure I'm not signed in to PSN when I load up tonight and go back to Latria to find this new path. I think it was said that getting killed also shifts you towards black tendency. However I presume I'm safe to explore Latria whilst in physical form as you say tendency changes can't take effect when I'm currently in the world so as long as I find the new path before returning to the Nexus it will be open, even if I die?

A few other things that have come to mind actually. Occasionally when I'm fighting using my Broadsword+5 I notice that I will hear a rapid heartbeat noise. Does that mean I've inflicted bleeding on my opponent? Doesn't seem to happen with my Dragon Long Sword+3.

Also, I'm actually trying to max out my Broadsword. I know it's probably not the best weapon in the game but since starting with it I've become quite attached to it (only switching to DLS in desperate situations). Any good placs to farm Sharpstones at a decent rate. At the moment I just kill the 6 mini-Phalanx at the start of 1-2 which can sometimes get me 2-3 drops (and Hardstones too which is good for my shields). Any better places (or even a vendor I may have missed)?

Comment

The dirty man in Stonefang sells shards and (in the 2nd stage) large shards of both hard and sharp stones. The best place to get a lot of chunks from is the geckos nest - but if you want to kill all of those without wasting any you will need God's Wrath.

That heart beat noise does mean your opponent has suffered bleed effect. Unless it was you, but I doubt you would miss the message that pops up.

And yes, as long as you don't leave a world after a death then it will still be pure white. It's only body form deaths that matter anyway, so the alternative is to stay in soul form.

Comment

I'm going to have to wait for NG++ to get pure white tendancy in any world other than 5...

I didn't realise the path stayed open as long as you go down it once - that is good to know.

I would also dearly love to kill BP Satsuki but he is such a pain to kill I don't think I have the mental stamina for it at the moment. Only got 3-2 and 3-3 to do before I can finish off 1-4 at the moment but I won't be able to get any time on this until Thurs

Comment

Assuming I'm not too knackered, I'm finally going to start this game tonight. Or I might chicken out.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                          Assuming I'm not too knackered, I'm finally going to start this game tonight. Or I might chicken out.
                          perpare for 4 weeks of obsession..........

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                            I would also dearly love to kill BP Satsuki but he is such a pain to kill I don't think I have the mental stamina for it at the moment.
                            Soul Remains and Keel Smasher are your friends.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                              I'm going to have to wait for NG++ to get pure white tendancy in any world other than 5...
                              I just started playing this again and plan to get around this whole tendancy stuff, would like to avoid situations like this one. Is there anything I need to be aware of so I don't mess myself up? I've done 1-1 and 1-2 only at the moment. I want to platinum this basically

Comment

You can't platinum it in a single game anyway, basically you will have to play up to NG+++ if you want 100%. So don't worry about it, you will have plenty of chances to get every world to pure white.

Only thing to be aware of is the online reset, don't get caught out by that. Do your tendencies in single sessions as much as possible if you want to avoid it.
                                Last edited by Darwock; 24-08-2010, 12:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X