Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been ABSOLUTELY loving the this.
    Pretty late to the party since i got it last week. But hearing so many good 'word of mouth' moments, i could not resist.

I haven't got far, but it's tough.
    Dastardly tough.

But fun, in a real sadistic way, in the fact that i'm always looking forward to whatever loot drops i can get, and the fear i get when just facing regular enemies.

Is there any way to hook up from regular NTSC-UK'rs?
    i know the online is done differently, but is there a way (for example) for me to stay in soul form, and lay a marker in the area where i want to clear, and for one of you guys to summon me?

Would love to do that, as i've only played it once with a random.

I've started off as a knight at the mo, and finding it real tough going just to basically get decent damge without compromising myself due to the close combat and slow mobility.

Just a side note:
    Why are stages 1-3 and 4-X more prevelant for Black Phantoms?
    i did see one on 4-1 when thought "sod it, i need a change of scenery from trying to farm souls on 1-1
    I was with another (medium/ high level) player and he didn't seem to be that bothered attacking me.

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
      Is there any way to hook up from regular NTSC-UK'rs?
      i know the online is done differently, but is there a way (for example) for me to stay in soul form, and lay a marker in the area where i want to clear, and for one of you guys to summon me?
      It's possible but takes some planning, you'd also to have to hide your soul sign to prevent some other person summoning you first. To be able to see someone's sign you need to be within a few levels, 10-15 or so I think.

I have 2 characters, one at soul level 75 and one around 150... I'm always pining for a bit of Demon's Souls so if anyone wants help at those levels just say the word.

Just a side note:
      Why are stages 1-3 and 4-X more prevelant for Black Phantoms?
      i did see one on 4-1 when thought "sod it, i need a change of scenery from trying to farm souls on 1-1
      I was with another (medium/ high level) player and he didn't seem to be that bothered attacking me.
      Could be that those stages have good hiding places or ambush points. It's probably got more to do with the nature of the other levels... Stonefang can be very hard to find your prey before they get to the boss room (at which point the invader has failed).. Latria is a very perilous place and black phantoms lose a soul level if they die of 'natural causes'. You do of course get invasions everywhere but the dedicated black phantoms must prefer the easier hunting grounds.

Comment

ah ok.
        im about lvl 25... be a while until i hit 75 odd!

Comment

i accidentally killed the dirty vendor in 2-2, i was killing the bugbear flying things and as i drew back my sword i hit him so he came at me with his stick so i tried to run away but those damn bugbears savaged him to death lol

Comment

Ouch, that's gonna hurt when it comes to upgrading your shields and weapons, you've got a lot of hardstone splinter farming ahead of you if you want a +10. I always just bought them from him directly

Comment

Got to first boss. Time to stock up on turps i think!

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                Got to first boss. Time to stock up on turps i think!
                He's better with fire but you really don't it. He isn't hard once you suss it

Comment

I assume I just

strip away the little shielded blobs surrounding him

and it's plain sailing from there? Lots of messages on ground say he's

susceptible to fire

My plan tonight is to get turps and firebombs before storming in there.

The first time I saw the
                  was one of the great gaming moment for me. The devs didn't even make a big deal out of it but I was overwhelmed by the awesomness!

Comment

Had a bit of an issue with HMV Hong Kong getting my copy, so going to be patient and get US release. Now the decision of which version. Normal or Limited? How essential would the guide be for this game?

Comment

the guide would be extremely usefull in my oppinion.

Comment

To give you an idea about the guide, one of the gamefaqs posters who wrote an FAQ for this game has been contacted by the publishers with a view to hiring him, lol

Personally I think it's something you shouldn't touch until you have finished your first playthrough (same goes for the artbook actually as no doubt it will spoil the bosses and locations)

Comment

If your willpower is strong then the guide would be nice to have. I bought the MGS4 guide and managed to complete the game before looking at it (I left it sealed I think).

I'm finding this game very tough though and doubt I'd have the resolve to not cheat.
                          Last edited by Brad; 14-07-2009, 14:09.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
                            If your willpower is strong then the guide would be nice to have. I bought the MGS4 guide and managed to complete the game before looking at it (I left it sealed I think).

I'm finding this game very tough though and doubt I'd have the resolve to not cheat.
                            The hardest part with this game and not cheating is that it is so bloody confusing. I never understood fully what i was doing with regards the spirit mode or anything else tbh.

I kept reading on here about wearing rings to help you in phantom mode and rings for normal (body) mode, but tbh, i couldn't fathom whether i was in spirit mode or not. Everytime i died i just went back to the start of the level and didn't have a clue what mode i was in.

Stuff about dying in level and being black and white and then killing particular enemies to get your body back just completely bamboozled me as i never noticed any physical change in my character.

Maybe when the US version ships, the manual will explain this.

Comment

Lol@Nemesis. It is kinda confusing. Right at the beginning you are in physical form, then a big thing kills you, you are taken to The Nexus and are in Spirit form. As and when you make it back to spirit for you'll know about it! I'm guessing you never did (neither have I yet).

Comment

Screw this. Cannot defeat Phalanx. Game abandoned. I don't have time for games that are this hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X