No announcement yet.

Demon's Souls PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phalanx is history. Went scavenging and by the time I went in I was armed to the teeth Took him down in no time. Lovely. Thanks for keeping me going guys.

Comment

Good man! On the same character? Did you find Ostrava?

From now on you're gonna need to grab your balls because if Phalanx gave you trouble some of the other bosses could easily have you in tears (only some... in general the bosses are not as challenging as just getting through the stages in the first place)

Comment

Found ostrava, wanted to kill him myself! Yeah i am using same character. I was basically nt playing the game properly. I was going in there with no grass, a broken sword and a damaged shield. Having that other ring helped. To be honest i reckon either one of the three things i now had; ring, grass, spice would have allowee me to win. With all three though it was a walk in the park!

Comment

Just a quick question, currently playing as a knight. I bought the Soul Arrows magic, but dont seem able to equip it? I've equipped the catalyst.
          I've learnt the HP recovery spell, could it be that I need to raise my magic/faith level so that I can l equip two types of magic/miracles?

Cheers in advance!

Allen

Comment

You need to have your Will stat at 10 before your magic capacity goes above zero.. miracles are different as they are decided by your Faith. The Magic stat only affects the power, not capacity.

Comment

Yeah, I bought a hide spell last night and then realised I didn't have enough willpower to memorise it! No worries though, a quick trip to the Red-eyed knight and 2,500 souls and a couple of willpower upgrades later and I'm ready to go!

Also, I found another ring. Somethgin to stop bleeding I think. Is this something I might need for later on?

Finally, when I cast the hide spell I haven't noticed any kind of indicator to tell me that it's active?

Comment

The Ring of Gash Resistance is mostly useful for when a black phantom invades, as katanas are very popular and they will tear you up. I can't recall a time where an in-game enemy caused me to lose blood (although I'm sure it has happened once or twice).

The hide spell causes fog to come up from your feet, if you are already wearing the thief ring the fog just gets thicker so it's harder to tell. Both share the same status indicator too. Hide+Thief's ring is godly!

(P.S. I always checked the status of hide by looking at the spell icon, if it's still active then it's greyed out, so when it lights up you know it's worn off)
                Last edited by Darwock; 17-07-2009, 12:38.

Comment

Ah! Good idea. Now I think about it I did notice the fog more.

Comment

I hate it when black phantoms invade, the lag is always in their favour. I'm clearly hitting them and they are not taking damage then when they are about 10m away I start getting hit and die, it's infuriating. I managed to do damage to one BP and from the amount of damage I did I estimated his health bar to be about 2000, did he only put stats into vitality or something?

Comment

Sounds like it. If I were to doa Black Phantom build that's what I'd do.

I've been buffing my guy's luck stats. I'm already getting more turps drops just from 2 levels.

Comment

About the hiding spells/rings:

You really notice the effects when you use it in PvP - you will be literally invisible until you are a few metres in front of the other player, they also won't be able to lock on to you except at visible distances. Magical effects will still show up though so be careful you are not leaving a glowing blue cloud from your MP regen effect! I caught out many opponents when they would jump from behind a corner expecting to be able to zap me quickly with soul light, only for them to be unable to lock on and fire into a wall.. meanwhile I can hit them perfectly

It's worth pointing out that Thief's Ring/Hide will work against all in game enemies (including NPC black phantoms) or to hide from the host of a game you have invaded (as a black phantom).

However if you want to hide from a non-NPC black phantom (invader) you need to use the Subdue Soul miracle & a different ring. Thief's ring won't help you here.
                        Last edited by Darwock; 17-07-2009, 12:52.

Comment

Dude, you need to be working for BradyGames lol

Comment

Just started it got to the cling ring then into next bit and fell off a ledge when looking around and got ganked twice lol Love it though prob most edge of seat game Ive played.

Comment

Let me just see if I'm getting this right...

1.You start the game, you get killed, become a soul and then it's your job to get back to your body by beating the first boss.

2.You are then put miles from your body, with half health, respawning enemies, enemies that can kill you in 1 HIT.

3.You can't level up, so grinding is pointless

4. There is no where to store your souls. So if you wander too far into the castle, get killed by an enemy that can kill you in one hit, try and get back there and die again you lose the lot.

5.Repeating the level again and again wrecks your stuff so you end up spending your souls on repairing you old stuff.

If this is the case this is quite possibly THE sh!test opening to a game I've ever seen.

I've been playing for 3+ hours now and from what I can tell everything I've done has been a waste of time, I have NOTHING to show for my efforts.

Please tell me I'm missing something...
                              Last edited by Goemon; 19-07-2009, 00:49.

Comment

I wish I could but no. I found after about 3 hours game time I was in a worse state than I was 15 minutes into the game! The opening is a big problem but it does set you up for the rest of it.
                                1. Find the cling ring
                                2. Find the thiefs rings
                                3. Put them both on
                                4. Get souls, return to nexus, repair stuff, get more souls, buy health etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X