No announcement yet.

Star Ocean 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it wasn't for the battle system, which is the only thing I really like, I honestly would have just stopped. Too many flaws, and not enough positive points to redeem it, sadly.
    Almost finished this now and this is pretty much how I feel.

I'm 47 hours into it and i'm seriously tempted to start skipping cutscenes...
    Last edited by Orgun; 16-06-2009, 09:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaosu View Post
      Finished this last night. 47 hours in total.

I cannot believe how dull the whole thing was tbh. Not once did the plot seem to build on itself to reach some climatic conclusion. It's generic, granted. But sadly it doesn't try to do anything over-the-top, which is a shame considering that its in space and all.
      Sounds like every other Star Ocean that preceded it. :/

Comment

After bitching about this in this thread due to playing the previous games. I am bloody enjoying it, i'm having more fun with this than i did with Tales of Vesperia. If i didn't like the combat so much i would have given up a long time ago. The skills allow some good customisation and the blindside counters & bonus board are so fun and deep.

The story is rather generic, but it isn't something completly offensive 'kay, its just average with some average voice overs.

Welch can GTFO out of the airlock. Also Edge isn't the sharpest knife in the draw, some of the things that he spouts makes me laugh. The dialogue is so badly written. Overall story is interesting if predictable enough though, it something else that keeps me going.
        Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 19-07-2009, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
          ok have to vent a bit

Got to this spider/scorpion boss in some caverns ....now i was about level 40 when i reached the caverns...had no problems ...but i thought i would level up a bit just incase level up to around 44-45 ....got to the boss....all i can say ...well cant say what i said out loud

But it was a 40 min slog....used up practically all the Times ...recovering.....raising the dead items i had.....it just never ended....and after all that....i died havent swore so much in ages
          You are suppose to blindside that enemy to hit his weakspot. I was doing 4-5000Dmg on him a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
            I'm surprised you got that far. 2 or 3 planets in, this finally broke my will. It started off so promisingly, but the.... little.... girl.... character.... made... me... so... angry I wanted to stab myself in the eyes with the nozzle attachment from a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
            I didnt even last that long, i just couldnt get into it and traded it pretty sharpish

Comment

One thing that annoyed me was the longest FMV on disc 3 it was pissing me off. It's the one where you head off from E.n. II
              I've seen fmvs and i find them fun to watch but this one was just absolutely too long.

Comment

Its finally out on Ps3. Essentially the same game, so not worth a new thread. I picked it up, even though i'm deep into WKC. I won't delve into SO4 until I've at least completed WKC's campaign, but I did play it for some few hours though. It was kind of addicting to score items for Welch, I crafted that Storm blade.

The game isn't as bad as a lot of people say. The first few hours are far more entertaining than Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Lost Odyssey... I've experienced much worse RPG's this gen. Unlike those, this game features a very good battle system which kind of saves it. Its also convenient to know that we need no disc swapping in the future.

The extras aren't anything like Sonata and Vesperia for the Ps3, but I do find the manual targeting handy. The Japanese VA is a very big plus too, considering how messed up bad the English VA was. Finally, I dig the classic menu and portraits. Its easier to navigate and looks like the rest of the series.

Comment

Working...
                X