No announcement yet.

Stoked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quite hard to huck. You need to do enough flips and spins and tricks all at once in the same airtime. I doubt you'll do a successful huck just be doing simple tricks separately in quick succession. It will tell you on screen in small letters "huck" after the landing if you do e.g. landing 1.5X - huck.

To build huck to the max, you have to find cliffs and jump off

Comment

So have I basically been wasting my time trying to adopt a style approach?!

I think i have got my style up to 70% or so now (had lots of style bonus things come up), but with more challenges demanding spins and flips, it makes me think i should have gone the other way and been a 'hucker'!

Comment

It should work either way. What I was trying to say was that you won't damage your style bonuses during the challenges. Probably.

Comment

Ah, ok.

So where is everyone else at with this then? Have you managed to beat any of the pro challenges yet Charles?

Comment

So... Been playing this and my experience so far has been pretty much identical to Charles' initial posts... Just got the camera and taking some snaps but no one online to play against, which sucks. But as this has been out for ages I'm pretty sure I'd just get reamed anyway.

Comment

If you want to play online, let me know and I'll join. The way the online works is that people send out challenges to everyone on the same slope and you can either ignore them or join. One of them is just "jump to me" and then everyone bombs off down the hill.

I imagine it'll just be you and me though

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite View Post
                Ah, ok.

So where is everyone else at with this then? Have you managed to beat any of the pro challenges yet Charles?
                Yeah, I finished most of this. Still a fair few spots I can't nail though. Best snowboarding game I've played.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the Stoked party having just picked it up in the HMV sale for ?8 but I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I love the SSX franchise and have played every one of them to death, including Tour on the psp, although this I find more difficult. I'm still on the first mountain and have completed about 7 challenges which were ok, but I've tried the first Pro challenge where you try and copy the tricks on the way down and it's bloody hard.

I must have tried it about 20 times and I'm still no nearer to beating him. I find it tricky trying to think of how to do the tricks in such a short time between gates. I hope once I put a few hours in the tricks become more familiar and it gets a bit easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X