No announcement yet.

Zeno Clash (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

downloaded this on xbox live .....enjoying the combat so far its completly and totally barking mad though Lol

oh 1.5gb download....is this the largest xbox live download game so far ?

Comment

Madness. Great fist fighting though. The weapons, well, I found them difficult, but that's just my ineptitude. Reminded me of Oddworld:SW in that department for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        oh 1.5gb download....is this the largest xbox live download game so far ?
        Command & Conquer Commander's Challenge should win that at 2.1GB.

Comment

I bought this in one of the Steam sales but to be honest given the choice again I wouldn't buy it, the game feels like a concept demo as it gives a taste of a weird and wonderful world but little more. I didn't think the combat system worked at all as it just felt clumsy and given the game is so repetitive there's no getting away from it.

It is a shame because I thought many of the environments were really impressive and I wanted to go deeper into them but was just left with an irritating fight and that was it.

John

Comment

I think control wise the xbox may suit this type of game better. But I am guessing its much cheaper on the PC. Is there much extra on the xbox version or is it not worth it?

Comment

I liked the fighting system - much, much more convincing than Condemned, for example - but I simply couldn't handle the game. I ragequit at the point where you have to take on several waves in a small square inside one city, where it ends up with one shooting you from a distance while the others pin you down. Couldn't get past it, got utterly fed up, never been back. I admire the developers for their vision, and I'm pleased they've had this much success, but if it was a boxed copy I'd have traded it in by now.

Comment

I may give this another go on the 360, much like i said in my previous post, this game makes me scared of peeing myself but as mentioned on here already the 360 controls might make it a better game, not that it was that bad anyway... besides the stuff about peeing...

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                  I liked the fighting system - much, much more convincing than Condemned, for example - but I simply couldn't handle the game. I ragequit at the point where you have to take on several waves in a small square inside one city, where it ends up with one shooting you from a distance while the others pin you down. Couldn't get past it, got utterly fed up, never been back. I admire the developers for their vision, and I'm pleased they've had this much success, but if it was a boxed copy I'd have traded it in by now.
                  I'm fairly sure I know the point you mean as I came close to abandoning the game there as well and at several other points. Admittedly it was just the story which made me keep playing the game as I was curious to know what was going on.

John

Comment

I never had any of those problems on the 360 version. The controls seemed fairly decent to use but I wouldn't like to try it on a keyboard.

I really loved the visuals and details in this game. Often I'd stop for a look round or try to see what was going on in backgrounds. Some of the landscapes are superb. I wasn't keen on the music so I ripped one of my Ozric Tentacles albums and it matched the game superbly.

Overall I really enjoyed it, something very different which lets your imagination run riot.

Comment

Working...
                    X