No announcement yet.

1 vs 100 (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've got 200 for speed a few times when i'm wrong. All Santas was awesome.

Comment

You'll only ever get 200 points if the answer is X, that's why you can't get it when it's A or B. It's done by percentage of people, as far as I can tell. If there's 200 players, only one will get 200 points, and it's likely someone who was mashing X. When you've waited for B, the speed bonus is down a lot.

Comment

"When you've waited for B"...you mean like when the correct answer is B?

Why do people who mash X and get it wrong, get a higher base score than someone who has "waited for" the correct answer?

Comment

I've got 190+ for instant answer on B so that can't be quite true...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I don't think *anyone* knows how the scoring works, and I don't think MS are willing to tell anyone (yet) either.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
              "When you've waited for B"...you mean like when the correct answer is B?

Why do people who mash X and get it wrong, get a higher base score than someone who has "waited for" the correct answer?
              Because it's a bonus for speed, not accuracy. The accuracy "bonus" is the actual score of the question.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              I've got 190+ for instant answer on B so that can't be quite true...
              Luck of the draw? All my instant answers on B get me 180-195, there aren't that many people mashing X. I've not seen a better theory, at least.

Comment

I just don't see why you should get anything for getting the question wrong.

My highest score that wasn't 200 (and wrong) was 191.

Comment

I've gotten 193 for answering on X before (right answer), so I know I've got quick reactions. But there is some lag latency in there too; most of the time I get 180-185 for an X answer.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

What shocked me most was how useless a lot of people taking part were both as The One and in the mob
                    i thought that too....especially as you are supposedly getting into the mob for doing well in the non-live shows. with a couple of em having zero for gamerscore too I thought was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                      i thought that too....especially as you are supposedly getting into the mob for doing well in the non-live shows. with a couple of em having zero for gamerscore too I thought was odd.
                      It's random!

You have a better chance of getting to be The One or in The Mob if you do well in Extended Play, but ultimately it's still all luck, it's still random.

Comment

The fact The Mob and The One are persistantly and repeatedly so stupid is very suspicious and leads me to suspect the supposedly increased chance of being chosen by doing well in Extended Play is minimal at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                          The fact The Mob and The One are persistantly and repeatedly so stupid is very suspicious and leads me to suspect the supposedly increased chance of being chosen by doing well in Extended Play is minimal at best.
                          There are something like 30,000 people playing live shows. Even if it gives you a fairly substantial ten times better chance of being The One, the odds are still only 1 in 3,000.

Comment

I'm positive that the selection process is FUBAR at the moment. Hopefully it'll be sorted for the proper release.

Comment

It's perfect as it is. If they only let geniuses be The One then instantly it removes all the fun for about 99.99% of people that just want to have a quick go in the live show while feeling they have a chance to get in The Mob, etc. I also don't want to see people winning 10,000 points every single time, it's hilarious when people are stupid. Gives The Mob hope too.

It has to be as random as it is, they can improve chances, which they do, but everyone needs to have a chance regardless of performance or it'll start being only played by people who can answer every question in EP right, in every EP. Which ruins it for everyone.

Comment

That's a good point, but then they shouldn't advertise it that Extended Play makes a difference. Either that or it's nothing to do with how well you score in Extended Play but simply how much you play. That way you could be crap but still put in the hours and be selected.

Comment

Working...
                                X