No announcement yet.

1 vs 100 (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHat the hell with the entertainment quiz?! All questions about Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Broadway and who won the Oscar in like 1966? WTF.

I thought entertainment would be like "Who plays Rachel in Friends?"

EDIT: Yup... way too many musical questions. There are other forms of entertainment
    Last edited by elaniel; 21-11-2009, 17:40.

Comment

Well this seemed much more stable for me last night, didn't crash once. Had a lot of fun with it as well, I'd only planned on staying on for 1 or 2 rounds but stayed on for them all! The quality of the questions does really vary though, the entertainment quiz elaniel mentions was awful but the gadget and tech one had some good questions.

Comment

I did the TV one I think? That was quite good and I got a streak of 28 or something. It helped having a friend in the room with me who picked up a couple I was floundering with.

And yeah, same, was much more stable last night than on Friday. Shame I'm out Tuesday and missing the live one.

I really like having this as a freebie

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          I really like having this as a freebie
          Definitely, was speaking about this to a mate last night. I'd much rather have stuff like this, than useless stuff (to me anyway) like Facebook and Twitter.

Comment

The One wins!

I got in the mob too early on, then out of the mob again when I got the question about bone inflammation wrong. I don't know if I'm allowed back in the mob this season now...

Comment

That's what I'm wondering too. I made the mob twice on the first session on Friday, but despite being top 100 in two rounds where the winner of that round then was The One in the next round, I didn't make the mob at all. Came third one round to win a prize though.

Got the bone inflammation question right... because I eliminated the other two answers.

Was also leader in one round for about five questions until stupidly getting one wrong...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                The One wins!
                Yup, he sure did. And, fair play to him, he deserved to.

I usually want the One to lose or grab the money and run at the first opportunity as I'm eager to see if I'll make the mob in next round. But that One last night who went all the way and won 10,000 MS points, some of the questions towards the end were very tricky and I had a lot of respect for him in the way he ignored the numerous offers of 6000 points and was determined to take on the cream of the mob and go all the way. It's the first time I've ever really rooted for the One.

Comment

Yeah, it was nice simply because if he'd lost, Jonster would've won 800pts. It just seemed fairer for The One to win 10,000, and hopefully a nice prize too!

Comment

Hey toythatkills and Mayhem64, how are you guys consistently getting in the top ten on 1 vs 100? My wife and I have been playing through the first season quite a bit and we've managed to appear in the top 10 once. We love the game and it's always great seeing familiar names in the top ten

We haven't been in the mob yet and always hope that we'll get there one day!

Any tips on being as consistently good would be much appreciated!

Comment

Just gotta be quick! If you know the answer beforehand you can easily answer within 0.2 seconds when the answer appears which is great; unless you do something stupid like answering Rupert instead of Pudsey because you're looking for the shape of the word more than the word itself. D'oh!

Then you just have to be consistent. Usually I'm 6/7 points behind on the first question no matter how quick I manage to answer, you just have to keep answering quickly and gradually claw yourself up. With a good run of questions I'd hope to be in the top 10 after five or so.

If you come up against a question you genuinely don't know the answer to and the choices won't make a difference to you knowing, just guess, but guess quickly. Pick any option and just start mashing the button before it appears to get as good a speed bonus as you can. If you don't know it, chances are loads of people don't, so getting a lucky guess quicker than everyone else can catapult you up there.

There's really nothing to it, just know the answers and know them quick.

Comment

Nice advice, I suspected that pure speed was key, that and a having massive range general knowledge

We're usually getting instant answers and sometimes pull off 0.1 or 0.2 seconders but all it takes is one mistake and it's all over for that round.

Great fun game and like I said earlier, always nice to see some ntsc people up at the top!

Comment

I was really enjoying the "figure it out" rounds of 1vs100 tonight, loads of maths themed questions! Then it started going mental. Some sample questions:

"What is ? of 56?"
                          "What is ? of 64?"
                          "What is [picture of 'back' button from the Xbox controller] of 37?"
                          "What is [picture of 'start' button from the Xbox controller] of 23?"

What the hell?

Comment

Yeah, I didn't understand what those symbols meant either but thankfully had a safety saved up for most of them and ended up answering 34 of the 37 questions correctly.

Comment

Been enjoying this even though I'm crap with general knowledge mostly, bummed I missed the maths questions tonight but I had a friend round helping me sort out some real life number problems so, priorities and all that

Has anyone had problems actually getting into the games? It's got better the last couple of times but where it should say "play" after clicking the round in the primetime channel it has been getting stuck on "loading" for so long its taken up to 20mins to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                                I was really enjoying the "figure it out" rounds of 1vs100 tonight, loads of maths themed questions! Then it started going mental. Some sample questions:
                                The Unicode screwed up for the fraction symbols being used. I skipped most of them, but was able to guess a couple right because only one answer was a whole divisible of the target. Came sixth in the first round and just outside top ten in the second round.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X