No announcement yet.

1 vs 100 (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're at the mercy of the game and random people with the "all of you get so many questions right in a row" achievement though. I hardly ever get teamed up with 3 other people in the first place.

Comment

I made the mob last night and was fortunate enough to walk away with, wait for it... yes, a whopping 160 MS points.

The weird thing is I've never once finished in the top 100, indeed I don't think I've even come close so I don't know how my tag made it's way into the hat. I'm not familiar with the specific rules but am I right in thinking I can't make the mob again this season?

Comment

Not once you've got a prize, no.

Comment

Shame. Especially as I can't ever see myself being the One.

It's funny but being in the mob I felt really nervous and paused and almost stumbled over even the easier questions.

Comment

I managed first place in an extended play earlier, the videogame category. Would have been a perfect run if I hadn't misread Daisy for Peach and chose the wrong colour of dress...! Cue a number of congratulation messages and ones saying "loser" hah hah... oh and one saying "old geek". Who was he calling old?

I had to laugh at question ten though... talk about sticking two fingers up to the kids

"Computer Space did NOT come in which of the following colours? Black, Green, Blue"

A bonus cookie if you know the answer without looking it up
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That question is where I joined the game last night and I got it wrong. I also misread that Princess Daisy one

Comment

Played the Live show last night but, knowing I can't make the mob again this season, found I had very little enthusiasm for it and left within half an hour. I think the game may be dead for me now. The mindless advert and stat breaks were just about tolerable when there was a chance of making the mob but without that chance - no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  I managed first place in an extended play earlier
                  And the man does it again. Well done mate

Comment

Was getting a bit nervy towards the end mind you... but 37 questions asked, 37 instant answers given

Comment

Well, I guess you definitely only get to be in the mob once per season. I finished in the top 100 when that was the criteria and... Nothing. I guess you've not got back in either, Mayhem?

Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                        Rubbish.
                        You say that, but surely now even more people have a chance to be in the mob or the one, no? I've never been in either, but now I know I can play and it's a lot more probable that I'll be picked.

It isn't just about being picked either. I enjoy some of the Extended Play rounds just for the hell of it (as Mayhem does too it seems).

Comment

It's good that more people have a chance but it's all about everyone having a chance, too. It feels a bit lame playing the game knowing that there's no chance you can be picked.

The live shows may as well be EP for me, now, which I do still enjoy. They're faster paced than the now-pointless live show.

Comment

I'm probably done for the season now, you can't win more than one game even when in the crowd; I was second twice tonight and didn't win a sausage. So unless I somehow fluke first place every third Live round and qualify to be The One (because I ain't getting in on season and weekly performance) then I'm not going to win anything else...

I do feel sorry for the bloke who was The One tonight, used a lifeline on the first question about the moustache growing month, picked to trust the mob and 2/3 of them got the answer wrong...

Comment

yeah I'm done with it now...i play in a group with 3 of 4 other people, all of them have been in the mob now and none won so we are moving on to something else.

if about 15000 people are playing its gota be at least 500 people a week barred from the mob...seems mad to me.

Comment

Just won an XBLA game for coming 5th in the crowd! Chuffed!

Comment

Working...
                                X