Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    It's as much of a button-masher as you want it to be
    From what I've played so far I'd say this is spot on.

If you want to just hack & slash your way through the demo with her sword the game allows you to do this and will actually reward you with torture attacks that let you take enemy weapons from them for even more bashing. You can actually get top medals for doing this too and being hit by enemies doesn't effect the multiplier so decent scores are also possible.

However, if you want to take a more skilled approach you can try and evade every attack that is thrown your way triggering Witch Time increasing the score you get for attacks during this period. You can keep the multiplier alive by using the guns and taunt to avoid too long a pause in the action between waves. Higher scores are awarded for variation which encourages a varied style rather than simply button bashing.

Here is a quick example of the two methods of play, the first half involves some evades into Witch Time and simple combos (SLOW) while the second is mindless sword button mashing (lots of blood and feathers). I suck with the sword at the moment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'm still getting my head around the sword, its so tempting to just go buck wild with it!XD These are such great demos for learning the basics though, should see me right until I can get the Japanese PS3 version at the end of the month.
    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 14-10-2009, 09:03.

Comment

I don't like DMC and stuff, but I was recommended to take a look at this just in case. At what it does, it's fairly awesome. The audio is lush. Controls are easy. Camera is as usual a bit wayward, but overall works.

I still don't like it though.

Comment

See, I don't like DMC, but something about this felt so much more playable to me. Might be the pacing, might be the controls, might be the visual feedback on your moves - that last especially. Most of the raving about DMC's moveset seems laughable to me when A into B looks functionally identical to A into D apart from a few frames of animation. On the strength of this demo Bayonetta feels far more weighted towards real showboating.

Comment

I like DMC, bar 2, and Bayonetta demo felt better than DMC ever did to me. Even the poor Ps3 effort.

Comment

It has apparently scored 40/40 in famitsu.

Comment

wow really

Comment

Yeah really, only the third this year from the mag, Monster Hunter Tri and Dragon Quest IX the other two.
                It's the first 360 game to get 40/40.

Comment

That perfect score seems excessive, to say the least. I'm sure it'll be great and all (I ordered it on the strength of the iffy PS3 demo), but I can't imagine it's 10/10 material.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                    That perfect score seems excessive, to say the least. I'm sure it'll be great and all (I ordered it on the strength of the iffy PS3 demo), but I can't imagine it's 10/10 material.
                    At least it will be a shot in the arm for Japanese gaming - and two fingers up at the western mags who think only the Halo series is 10/10 material.

It will be interesting to see how western journalists judge it. It will be great if it gets top scores from them as well.

Comment

I hate DMC4, I figured I'd hate this. I was right, it's worse than DMC4 though because I. Do. Not. Get. It.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 21-10-2009, 16:09.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

J0e, you hit things a lot until they die.

Comment

I kinda gathered that. You'd think that by having 4 guns, a sword, and some ****ed up pubic hair that turns into a GIANT ****ing dragon would give you an advantage. But no. I should maybe play it some more, same as DMC4, but perhaps these titles are just not for me.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            and some ****ed up pubic hair that turns into a GIANT ****ing dragon
                            LOL!!!1

Skip DMC4 as its was a

load of old bollocks

, watch out for the flash cue which alerts you to an imminent attack and then evade, going into SLOW...I mean Witch Time and then hit things until they die.

Comment

Ok, so I just played it again and I finished it on my first go. Maybe I was drunk before. It is much better than DMC4 I guess. I actually feel like I'm in control of the chara. It's out in 8 days too. Perhaps I'll get it.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

can the menus be switched to english somewhere? just wondering...

Comment

Working...
                                X