No announcement yet.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with most of that. I don't think in reality any game should score a ten, as no game is perfect, but this was definitely at the absolute top end of the scale.

Comment

I feel there are 10/10 games out there don't get me wrong although that doesn't mean perfection. I did love this though so I don't want to sound at all negative. Overall it's a fantastic package and well worth ?40. Took me 11 hours to finish too and will certainly do it again.

Comment

Does nothing new. Sorry cuz, but as I pointed out earlier, this was in a league of its on when it came out. Nothing this gen touched it in terms of visuals, pacing, narration, mechanics and countless other things. Yes it's not Resident Evil 4, but that doesn't stop it from being a ten for many (myself included). Don't make me come round your house and give you a wedgie.

Comment

Yeah this did all kinds of things new when it first game out, it was mind blowing.

Not that a 10/10 game has to do loads of new stuff anyway. I would say Ocarina of Time is a 10/10 game, but it didn't actually do anything much different over other Zelda games, it was just better.

If ever a game deserves 10/10 it's Uncharted 2 though, not only is it better than anything else in its genre, it also defined that genre and was a groundbreaking acheivement.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 03-06-2013, 04:26.

Comment

Bigger is not anything new Darran. Stop trying to fit it to match your own criteria. Uncharted is a 3rd person action adventure, much in the mould of Metal Gear Solid 3, Prince of Persia, Ghosthunter, Ghost in the Shell and dozens of other similar titles.

Comment

Except none of those games are anything like each other and thy all play very differently with their gameplay focused on entierly different things.

I wouldn't even call metal Gear Solid 3 an action game. MGS4 was more action based, but it was still nothing like Uncharted 2
              Last edited by rmoxon; 03-06-2013, 08:38.

Comment

But many have shooting, cinematics and platforming. The three main elements in Uncharted.

Comment

But they still don't feel similar at all when you play them.

Comment

Seeing UC3 in action was the first time I knew I had to join the 'next' gen, and was first game I bought when I did. Was happily pootling along with PS2 until that point. Stunning game, my fave 3rd person action-adventure type jobbie in last few years.

Comment

Trying to dissect Uncharted 2 to understand just why it was so awesome is not an easy task. Some developers just have IT. They know how to put all the bits together to make a game which is so much more than the sum of its parts. For me what made UC2 awesome was that it was a mass market title that was appealing to all gamers and still managed to be fantastic. I mean as far as this gen goes I liked Demon's And Dark Souls and MGS4 better but they're nowhere near as accessible as UC2. UC3 was a disappointment though and I didn't finish it although I will play it again soon as Soundwave is sending me it as part of a "Brad needs stereoscopic 3D stuff to try on his telly" care package. Thanks goodness we are free to lend games to our friends eh?

Comment

I still find it Hard to belive Naughty Dog made the third game, not only is the level design worse but it just doesn't flow the same as the second game. It was a big step backwards.

Comment

Well I will see soon. Having a little break now. U2 is nice and fresh in the memory and boy those graphics are nice.

Comment

U3 still has great set peices and combat was slightly improved if memory served correct. Tomb raider has since come along and provided better fighting response and mechanics. I would play that after if you havent already.

Comment

Love lara but not up there with UC2, probably cause she falls and screams like she's orgasms, a lot, i'd say she falls a screams about every 20 to 30 minutes, sometimes all the time in some chapter's.

Comment

Tomb Raider will get play time eventually. One thing I wish there was more of in Uncharted was tomb exploration. I loved the darker areas and especially the supernatural twist in the first game.

Comment

Working...
                                X