No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished chapter 6 and so far it's totally AMAZING !! what a game !
    not sure which weapons are best to use, but so far I used the Shuruba the most, it has a wide reach and I needed it because my timing to get witch time a lot wasn't so good, I get better at it at the moment though but there is still some (a lot) space for improvement left.
    That's the beauty of this game, even if you're not great at learning all the amazing combo's you still get a fantastic spectacle on screen, and the more you play the better you get at it (ofcourse) but this is really growing on me.
    I've also just received a pair of ice skates ?! can't wait to find out what those babies can do !

oh yes, I got a few "challenge rooms" 3 or 4 so far I think, but the last one I entered was fighting Grace and Glory with limited 10 punch and 10 kicks !! WTF ?! The best I got so far was killing one of the 2 and the last one with 1/4 of energy left, I did it with going into witch time and then P,K,P combo on them, but I run out of of punches everytime, but I couldn't get them to line up properly... tried some different things either but that would get me nowhere (tried shooting them, but that also didn't get me far...) I gave up on this one and continued...
    Last edited by TheForce; 05-01-2010, 11:10.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post

oh yes, I got a few "challenge rooms" 3 or 4 so far I think, but the last one I entered was fighting Grace and Glory with limited 10 punch and 10 kicks !! WTF ?! The best I got so far was killing one of the 2 and the last one with 1/4 of energy left, I did it with going into which time and then P,K,P combo on them, but I run out of of punches everytime, but I couldn't get them to line up properly... tried some different things either but that would get me nowhere (tried shooting them, but that also didn't get me far...) I gave up on this one and continued...

Use the claws (electric version, can't remember the name) and and each time you do a move on punch (and kick if you have the production claws too) hold it down the perform an electric burst, smashes the hell out of them! You should beat them no bother.

Comment

ah, thx for the tip there mate ! Will give it a go this evening !

Comment

Kilgore shots work too.

Comment

Played a bit more of this and getting used to it now. The feeling you get from smashing big chunky enemies around is so much fun ... and I just know I've seen nothing yet.

After Demon's Souls it seems I'm playing yet another landmark game ... and along with Cave's 360 output this year, it's the most I've enjoyed gaming for ages.

Comment

Entered the challenge room to kill Grace and Glory and I used the Durga's (the electric ones) and it worked perfectly, got them into witch time and killed both with using only 8 punches ! thx Goemon for the tip !

But now a stupid question maybe, but how do I set the Durga's to electric ? no matter where I put them , I just get the fire ones to use... when I first used them in the challenge room I had them on electric but no idea what I did different then...
              I even bought the Durga Alt but that doesn't makes a different, still get fire.
              The alt version seems stronger, but they also feel slower, it's harder to time the combo's properly now.. not sure if I will continue with these...
              What do you guys use for weapon combinations ?

Been Halo whoring chapter 7 a few times to get me some nice extra's. When you can get the combo meter running there you can earn some serious amounts of Halo's there.

I'm up to chapter 12 now and the game just gets better and better ! I'm really loving this!
              Last edited by TheForce; 05-01-2010, 11:09.

Comment

Don't you spin the stick to change from fire to electricity, its been a while since I played it...can't wait till the weekend!

Comment

God, I'm rubbish at this - my constant need to use green lollipops and the flurry of stone awards I've received from Chapter III onwards makes me feel like dirt at the bottom of a pooey shoe.

I want my dull day at work to finish now so that I can be made to feel like dirt again thank you please.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                    Don't you spin the stick to change from fire to electricity, its been a while since I played it...can't wait till the weekend!
                    Yep, you switch by performing the 360* + punch or kick attack depending on what your weapons are on.
                    Buying the production claws allows to to have claws on both your feet and hands, then you can really start to mix things up!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
                      Scanline option?
                      No, but what for? It's not a shmup.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                        its been a while since I played it...can't wait till the weekend!
                        I hear everywhere's sold out if you didn't preorder and they're only doing one run. You may as well get Dante's Inferno instead.

Comment

Well, its got boobies...

Comment

Originally posted by FurryGreenMonster View Post
                            I hear everywhere's sold out if you didn't preorder and they're only doing one run. You may as well get Dante's Inferno instead.
                            Makes sense. Highly profiled (with TV adverts) and very high scoring in magazines and review sites, the only option would be to do one pressing of the game in Europe.

Have I missed some irony?

Comment

Are there any differences between the US and UK PS3 release of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                                Are there any differences between the US and UK PS3 release of this?
                                one of the guys at work swears that the PS3 version is "fine". I've not seen it yet though, so couldn't possibly comment.

Comment

Working...
                                X