Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
    If memory serves me correctly there are either 21 or 22 Alfheim challenges. Some levels have none, one level I think has about 4.

It's not all about location, but conditions for spawning the portal too. An easy example is on Chapter 1 right at the start.

When you first have to use the two statues to use witch time and walk on water, go across the water and break the wall at the other end so it activates the lift.

Go all the way back to the section you were in before that, where you have to drop down and break the stone open to get the key - There'll be an alfheim portal there. That wasn't there before!

It's like that in a lot of situations. You have to do something, then when you go back you'll find one's just suddenly appeared.
    That sounds annoying, how are you suppose to know when a portal has been opened then? do you have to back track all the way through the level everytime youve done somthing just to be sure?

Comment

Up to Chapter 10 now. Still thoroughly enjoying it but agree with those who've said it ain't a 10/10 game. Regardless of that it's undoubtedly great, and for me, who's never been great at this kind of game, I'm progressing on normal difficulty 'fairly' comfortably ... which is greast because I always used to hit brick walls with the DMC series, fairly early on too. This is definitely more approachable. And more fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        That sounds annoying, how are you suppose to know when a portal has been opened then? do you have to back track all the way through the level everytime youve done somthing just to be sure?
        You can work it out.

At the end of a mission it shows you which verses you missed, so if you don't have the 3rd medal is means you missed something inbetween verses 2 and 4, so you have a look around and may try a bit of backtracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
          You can work it out.

At the end of a mission it shows you which verses you missed, so if you don't have the 3rd medal is means you missed something inbetween verses 2 and 4, so you have a look around and may try a bit of backtracking.

Well thats all well and good except it still means that you have to replay the mission, check which ones youve missed and then go back, replay it again AND make sure you remember which ones it is you have missed. Sounds like alot of hassel.

Comment

Not being funny but they are essentially 'secrets'. The whole point of them is that they're not meant to be easy to find.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Not being funny but they are essentially 'secrets'. The whole point of them is that they're not meant to be easy to find.
              How are they secrets if theres a game screen that tells you that you have missed them?

Anyway plenty of games have "secrets", they should still be enjoyable to look for though, I dont see the point in having them if they are virtualy impossible to find, I'm on the last chapter and have only discovered one, thats just ridiculous. i wouldnt even have a clue there were so many if I hadnt been told so on here.
              Last edited by rmoxon; 13-01-2010, 16:57.

Comment

Forget this post, stupid question - Fuse even answered it and I completely missed it!

Yes,

evil harvest rosary

in a no witch time situation is god.

Comment

I've enjoyed looking for the secrets and like that they're pretty difficult to discover (I've only found a handful despite being upto Chapter XVI). It's a hark back to the halcyon days of old when most game's were chock full of secrets, secrets which required plenty of lateral thinking and experimentation to locate. But I understand they might prove pretty annoying for some.

Comment

Well thats all well and good except it still means that you have to replay the mission, check which ones youve missed and then go back, replay it again AND make sure you remember which ones it is you have missed. Sounds like alot of hassel.
                    You can just view your play history for the level and it tells you the medals you've missed.

How are they secrets if theres a game screen that tells you that you have missed them?

Anyway plenty of games have "secrets", they should still be enjoyable to look for though, I dont see the point in having them if they are virtualy impossible to find, I'm on the last chapter and have only discovered one, thats just ridiculous. i wouldnt even have a clue there were so many if I hadnt been told so on here.
                    Did you look even for them? I mean really think about where things might be hidden?
                    This game is designed around multiple plays and having this to do after you finished the game once is a great bonus.

Loads of games do stuff like this. I'm currently trawling Darksiders looking for chests to boost my Wrath and Life. I have no clue where they are other than exploring and getting to places I've not been - I'm doing it because I enjoy playing the game.

You make it sound like a chore, ergo I'm not convinced you're enjoying the game enough to warrant hunting them out, but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post

Did you look even for them? I mean really think about where things might be hidden?
                      This game is designed around multiple plays and having this to do after you finished the game once is a great bonus.

Loads of games do stuff like this. I'm currently trawling Darksiders looking for chests to boost my Wrath and Life. I have no clue where they are other than exploring and getting to places I've not been - I'm doing it because I enjoy playing the game.

You make it sound like a chore, ergo I'm not convinced you're enjoying the game enough to warrant hunting them out, but you don't have to if you don't want to.
                      The hidden things in darksiders are simpley chests you have to look for, you dont have to do somthing seemingly unrelated to make them appear on the map and then back track half a mile in order to find them. Its hardly the same thing.

Having said that you could be right, I did enjoy the game (despite my gripes with it i'd possibley give it an 8 simpley becuase when it works its fantastic) but I have far too many games to play, I dont want to spend hours searching out things in this game that chances are I might never find.

Comment

Playing it on Hard now and ... it's a lot harder than Normal. I'm pretty comfortable playing Normal now so this difficulty came as a shock

I lost count of the times I lost my first fight with Jeanne. I don't want to use any items but I gave up in the end and used a mega red lollipop (and beat her pretty easily). I tried to keep my distance feeding bullets into her and when she came closer to attack I diodged and hopefully entered witch time so I could spam attacks at her. I noticed she always reflected my first attack after witch time ended so I learned to dodge away just when the game came back to full speed.

Does anybody here have a solid strategy for beating her?

Comment

Now I'm using the sword, things are a bit easier... I even managed to complete one of the alfheims! And I didn't die during taking on the flying thingy in chapter IV... so something must be getting better and improving. Still using a few too many items from time to time, but such is life learning the game. Finding more hearts and pearls too...

Just got the whip. Any suggestions for best use for it?
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Kingmobster - use the PKP for the fast activation of her Wicked Weave, that will strike Jeanne when she starts farting about on the walls and the ceiling. When she is in your face I find kiss lock-ons 'confuse' her and kicks mess her up. Learn her attacks so you can easily dodge if she gets too fruity, remember that late follow up attack she does from off screen.

Mayhem - the whip is your key to getting up high in the sky. Double jump and grab an enemy with the whip (some are too heavy out of WT) and pull them up to you. From here you can jump again (basically using their body to leap off) and repeat to get higher and higher. Once you get used to that you can add attacks in (comedy big hand slaps FTW) before leaping and grabbing your next enemy. There are a couple of GEES and at least one portal that I know off that requires this. Loads more can be done with the whip, so get involved!!!!

Comment

Had a horrendous hour of so last night on Chapter IV (Six). Bloody awful. All of a sudden the difficulty ramped up and a few of the enemies had bigger attacks than bosses, and there were 2 at a time! (Verse 6 IIRC). Took me ages to do it. It plays about x3 times the speed of Ninja Gaiden, has a move set of Street Fighter, on a 360 controller designed for FPS and racing games. It was punishingly bad, half was the game, half the hardware.

It also has developed a major game control flaw in the ability to

change into a panther. As it is mapped to RT, the same and dodge/Witch Time, if you double-tap the trigger in an attempt to invoke Witch time (an easy thing to do believe me) you keep turning into the sodding panther and running away. A quick tap to an attack button stops it, but still couldn't they map it to another button FFS!

Anyway, managed to clear the chapter and moved onto Chapter 7, and the boss fight was really good.

On a story related subject, its just banal. It is tempting to skip the cutscenes now, the story makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the script is soooo bad it makes your brain hurt. I know it is tempting to say "Well, its Japanese", but seriously, we are all human. I would like to know if anyone knows any Japanese players, or anyone in Japan for that matter, that actually thinks this makes sense? Surely not. Even David Lynch films are more understandable than this!

Comment

Have to agree with you englishbob, the mapping of that button is irritating, and I keep doing the very same thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X