No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Silvergun to a degree so far, although I'm only up to chapter three at the moment; I got a silver statue for chapter one but a stone for chapter two, even though I have managed some platinum medals along the way. I've tried some of the alfheim challenges and quickly realised you really do need the better weapons to complete them properly (especially as I started on Normal difficulty). Do need to find more of the hearts/pearls though so I can boost my gauges a bit. And I completely forgot I earned the sword until switching off yesterday... duh. Will equip it as I start today

I was also stuck on the witch time bridge bit until I finally worked out you could raise the statues but not trigger the effect for up to 10 seconds afterwards... duh... made that possible quite quickly!
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem I ended up doing exactly the same thing at the exact same point as you. >.<

Comment

Are there alfheim challenges on every level?

Im up to chapter 14 and have only seen one so far

Comment

You know when you finish a level and have empty medal slots? They're the ones you've missed - try back tracking now and then and see what you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
            You know when you finish a level and have empty medal slots? They're the ones you've missed - try back tracking now and then and see what you can find.
            Wow, Ive missed ALOT then, didnt realise there was that many parts of the levels that I could actualy explore much, no wonder they all seemed tiny to me.

Is there any way to see what medals you have for each level? When selecting a chapter it dosent tell you your previous score or anything, would be nice if it did.

Comment

If you have finished the game on normal, go to the chapter start screen and press RB button (R1) and select Play History. Then just navigate to the chapter you want to see and select it.

Comment

If memory serves me correctly there are either 21 or 22 Alfheim challenges. Some levels have none, one level I think has about 4.

It's not all about location, but conditions for spawning the portal too. An easy example is on Chapter 1 right at the start.

When you first have to use the two statues to use witch time and walk on water, go across the water and break the wall at the other end so it activates the lift.

Go all the way back to the section you were in before that, where you have to drop down and break the stone open to get the key - There'll be an alfheim portal there. That wasn't there before!

It's like that in a lot of situations. You have to do something, then when you go back you'll find one's just suddenly appeared.

Comment

So far stumbling upon these portals has been a joy (even if trying to beat them has resulted in some RAGE), not sure how happy I'll be when trying to locate them all though.

Comment

The portals are indeed a joy. They're incredibly challenging but compel you to master various techniques and are, by far, the prettiest sections of the game. The flowers, the falling feathers, the myst, the strange music, it's simply a beautiful place to behold.

Now some criticism. What's the deal with the QTEs? The on-screen illustrations that come up informing the player what button(s) to press are so small and visually messy that they're more a test of how quickly one can determine what they need to do rather than, as they were designed, a test of how quickly one can carry out the action. It's frustrating because by the time my eyes/brain have made sense of what's being asked of me, I'm dead. The Resident Evil series and Prince of Persia did them much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                      It's like that in a lot of situations. You have to do something, then when you go back you'll find one's just suddenly appeared.
                      Yeah I found one

by going back up the hill after you jump over the out of control tram car and the portal is where the car spawned from

. Kicked my arse mind you. I think that one is the one Saur is rinsing in the video that was posted earlier, looks very much like it. So far I've found three (one in chapter one, two in chapter two) and I don't think I've been able to complete any of them yet!
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Finished Hard mode tonight and thought that was it but no. Click here to see what's next - http://yfrog.com/14bayoj

Yakumo

Comment

Yeah, the game's achievements make refererence to a secret difficulty setting above Hard. How difficult is it? I'm thinking very.

Comment

It's not that bad IMO - main difference is that you no longer have Witch Time.

To recap on earlier advice;
                            Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            For those attempting the top difficulty, my #1 tip is

Evil Harvest Rosary

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              It's not that bad IMO - main difference is that you no longer have Witch Time.

To recap on earlier advice;
                              Yea, it's basically hard but without Witchtime.
                              Some bits (like tackling Gracious and Glorious) are exactly the same but other bits (boss fights) you're like "Oh, sh!t!!"

Definitely agree with Fuse's no.1 tip. it's almost what it was designed for!

Comment

Up to level 6 now, I keep using far too many health items. If I play through again it should be way easier, probably on hard next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X