Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close to the end am I. I've just got to the part where

you fight the Jeanne on top of the plane

I'm ready for it to end tbh, it stopped being fun a while ago and has turned into a battle of attrition.

Comment

Go to:
      options > controls > then there should be 3 schemes (pad/ rocket/ gunner)

Then highlight either the rocket or gunner, and press the 'Y' button to invert.

Comment

Originally posted by Herbalizer View Post
        How close to the end am I. I've just got to the part where

you fight the Jeanne on top of the plane

I'm ready for it to end tbh, it stopped being fun a while ago and has turned into a battle of attrition.
        A couple of hours at most. You're really on the home straight now.

Two levels and then you're on to the final bosses.

I finished it today for the first time on normal. It was enjoyable overall, but I have some reservations. Mainly it seemed to lose focus in the middle, and because the story was complete nonsense - even now I'm not entirely sure what was going on for most of it - I didn't have that to encourage me on and so it became a slog. Picked up towards the end, though, and I left with a generally positive impression. Whoever was in charge of the story needed to just take some scissors to the cut-scenes in places, though.

I'd put it second only to Ninja Gaiden in this genre, and if I sound down on it it's just because this type of game doesn't generally do it for me. I'll be on board if there's a sequel.

Comment

Collector Edition hardcover guide is ?12.99 pre-order at Zavvi at the moment, thought this was as good a place as any to say.

Comment

Family Fry, it's showing up as £17.95 now.

Comment

Originally posted by hush View Post
              i have one question
              how are the load time on the PS3 is there much between the PS3 and the 360
              I dont think the load times are the major factor in the PS3 version being inferior. I think its more to do with the fact that the game looks alot worse and slows down to the point that it is nearly unplayable in places.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                I dont think the load times are the major factor in the PS3 version being inferior. I think its more to do with the fact that the game looks alot worse and slows down to the point that it is nearly unplayable in places.
                Totally the opposite here. The PS3 version certainly does look visibly worse, but it really doesn't bother me too much. It's certainly still very, very playable regardless of framerate or vsync issues - the fighting is still tremendous, one of the best such systems I've ever played, and the way it subtly teaches you to get better is giving me Shinobi PS2 flashbacks (struggled at the beginning, then to my huge surprise realised I'd actually got good enough to one-hit-kill the final boss inside thirty seconds). Anyone calling it 'unplayable' on PS3 or anything similar sounds like a graphics whore who has no scale of reference worth listening to, end of story.

But the load times are horrific. Five seconds to pause the damn game is simply unacceptable - the quick button press to skip cutscenes is a lifesaver. Pausing when you pick up an item, pausing when you pause, taking forever to get to the next level... in a game where the focus is almost entirely on lightning-fast arcade gratification now, now, now I simply cannot understand how anyone can't see this as the biggest killer. It's a measure of how good the game is I keep going back to it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                  Totally the opposite here. The PS3 version certainly does look visibly worse, but it really doesn't bother me too much. It's certainly still very, very playable regardless of framerate or vsync issues - the fighting is still tremendous, one of the best such systems I've ever played, and the way it subtly teaches you to get better is giving me Shinobi PS2 flashbacks (struggled at the beginning, then to my huge surprise realised I'd actually got good enough to one-hit-kill the final boss inside thirty seconds). Anyone calling it 'unplayable' on PS3 or anything similar sounds like a graphics whore who has no scale of reference worth listening to, end of story.

But the load times are horrific. Five seconds to pause the damn game is simply unacceptable - the quick button press to skip cutscenes is a lifesaver. Pausing when you pick up an item, pausing when you pause, taking forever to get to the next level... in a game where the focus is almost entirely on lightning-fast arcade gratification now, now, now I simply cannot understand how anyone can't see this as the biggest killer. It's a measure of how good the game is I keep going back to it anyway.
                  Well, maybe I am wrong, i have only played the demo of the PS3 version and own the 360 version of the game, I was going on what I had read from others really.

Having said that when i played the PS3 demo I didnt notice the bad load times, I did however think it looked crap and noticed horrible slowdown which considering the game is, as you put it, about quick arcade gratification ruined the whole experience for me as the flow of the gameplay was disrupted. I'm sure if i hadnt tried the 360 demo afterwards or read comments about the difference in versions then the PS3 demo would have completely put me off the game. The PS3 demo just wasnt any fun despite being the exact same levels as the 360 demo which convinced me to buy it and actualy lead to my initial disapointment in the full product as my expectations were probabaly a bit too high.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 26-01-2010, 16:28.

Comment

finished infinite climax mode yesterday

just so much fun, yes it has issues with the camera in places. Yes it is retreading some old ground but done better than anything else i've played for a long while.
                    1000 points earned and i enjoyed every minute of it.

not 10\10 but i feel no game ever is.

Comment

Running full pelt in Panther form to the exit portal and standing there waiting for your magic gauge to blink back into life and the portal to appear can be fun on the 360 version. Waiting for a ****ing item description to load on the PS3 version is just bull****.

The music that finishes while the cloud carries on and on before your end of chapter results is dire.

These things bugged me and made for a substandard experience.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my Climax edition from Play but had a question if anyone knew...

If I play through Bayonetta on Easy, can I then replay on another difficulty with any items brought across? Also is their a chapter select that updates with levels you've already completed?

Comment

Yes and yes. You can replay any level you've completed on any difficulty you've unlocked at any time (even before finishing the game) and you always keep what you've bought.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

As reported by eurogamer, the JPN PS3 version will get a patch for an install option. No word on US/ PAL versions yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Yes and yes. You can replay any level you've completed on any difficulty you've unlocked at any time (even before finishing the game) and you always keep what you've bought.
                              Thanks for that, glad it has the option to raise your game over time.

Comment

Finished this last night. Started on Normal difficulty and started getting my butt handed to me on Chapter 6 so switched to Easy. That made the rest of the game a bit of a cakewalk (finished it in two sittings from that point) but didn't particularly dull the experience itself. I'm not usually a huge fan of these types of games but the positive reviews and word of mouth swayed me.

I can honestly say I have literally no idea what happened in the story - some of the cut-scenes were cool to watch but I didn't pay a great deal of attention and got a bit bored towards the end. The combat system is excellent though, and even for a lesser skilled man such as myself, it was mostly very empowering. The adage "easy to pick up but hard to master" seems very apt.

I'll probably try and go through again all the way through on Normal but I doubt I'm up to any of the harder difficulties. Very good then, a great way to start the gaming year, and a well-earned 8/10 from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X