P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazy15
    Hmm....and I thought this would fulfill all the things DMC 2 couldn't. Yet, I want to try it out myself, reviews don't always do a game justice. If I took, say EDGE's reviews seriously, I wouldn't have experianced the delights of Steel Battalion, Pikmin, FF10 and many other games.
    I don't understand, Pikmin got a decent review in Edge and is mentioned positively all the time in the magazine.

Comment

Think I'll wait for these to start cropping up in the For Sale forum..

Comment

More:

I've only played a couple of missions so far, but I really like this game. I don't understand half the complaints "the source" has, but it's clear he's not a fan of shooters.

The camera is not bad at all, of course it follows your character around, but that provides a good way to follow the action, if it wasn't following your character, you wouldn't be able to avoid half the fire.

There are NO load times at all, you exit a room, it shows you your stats for that room and you enter the next room, I don't see any loading going on. Are you using freeloader as someone asked?

Before I played this game, I really thought it looked poor from the videos. I thought it looked too rigid, and "on rails", but it's not at all. It's a pretty meaty shooter with a free roaming element. The enemies can be really tough at times.

The special moves are a bit tricky to pull off at first, they're kind of like street fighter moves, using the d-pad, but if you find them too hard to execute, you can play without them... you just have to do more avoidance of enemy fire then.

Comment

I have a feeling these negative remarks are from the same types of players who complain about Devil May Cry 1.

I'll be getting this afterall - I like games like this, where you have to perfect each and every section. To me the control and dodge system seems kinda wicked! ^^

Comment

OK. Now I really want someone here to post a few impressions of their own - going by gamefaqs/gaming-age etc is getting me nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
              OK. Now I really want someone here to post a few impressions of their own - going by gamefaqs/gaming-age etc is getting me nowhere.
              Agreed. Posting crap commentary from inferior message boards just won't do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidez
                Famitsu reviews are worthless. Trust me, I frequently buy the magazine and the scores are all over the shop.

0-20: Undisputedly ****
                21-26: Below average
                27-40: Anyone's guess
                From what I've been able to fathom, Famitsu likes to dish out high marks and gushing praise to any big brand names and franchise games willy-nilly.

Comment

I've ordered mine - just waiting on it to arrive ^^

I'll post impressions when I get it - I have a feeling I'll be into it ^^

Comment

Just out of interest...when should we expect this one to turn up? Ordered off Tok...

I can't wait

Comment

I'm guessing Monday, possibly even Tuesday. I've also got SCII and Taiko no Tatsujin Doki coming too.

Comment

Mine is on it's way. Varying impressions, but I'm seeing real shades of the Gun Valkyrie "We were expecting an arcade blaster, it's not, so we'll give it 4/10" here so best to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                          Mine is on it's way. Varying impressions, but I'm seeing real shades of the Gun Valkyrie "We were expecting an arcade blaster, it's not, so we'll give it 4/10" here so best to wait and see.
                          Amen bruv!

Comment

IGN have a hands-on with the full version, though it is Insider only.

Comment

I agree with the wait and see crowd.

Sidez- you really are way too quick to pass judgement on a game you haven`t played yet. I honestly don`t feel I can trust the comments coming from these boards.

For example comments like this....

Sigh.....I have played PN03 for another 1&1/2 hour tonight and I am already on stage 9 (only 11 stages)
                              I think this is really a budget title (5800 yen, I think it should be 2800 yen ). I only played totaled 2:10, and already on stage 9 (including almost an hour on playing trial level to collect points for buying stuff). It is so short, I think someone could finish the whole game in 2 hrs if not playing trial stages.....
                              ....totally reeks of "I am the sort of gamer who doesn`t understand arcade gaming and the concepts of hi-scores and combos and I play all shooters through using as many credits as it takes to complete the game. I then ask myself why I bothered paying for a game that only lasted half an hour"

Comment

I read the thing on IGN, as THING is the only way to describe it. How the hell can you write anyhting after 30mins of play?!?!?!

Anyways the gist is, I'm gonna get it, it sounds tremendously unique.

Comment

Working...
                                X