No announcement yet.

P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm only going off the demo disc here still but so far its really not doing anything for me.

Comment

"Official Nintendo Magazine" gave P.N.03 56% ... they said, and I quote, "...P.N.03 sucks..."

What fools.

Comment

Horses for courses I suppose. But, you are right, Official Nintendo Magazine are fools!

Comment

Really glad this thread got bumped. Picked up and played the demo the other day, played it through a couple of times and didnt enjoy it much. Decided I wasnt going to buy it.

Then I read through this thread and decided to sit down and give the game another chance to see if I was missing out on something. The combo system and special moves (which I was neglecting on my first couple of plays) totally make this game, its really satisfying getting max combos and no damage clears, and thats just with the easy demo level.

I'm hooked on the demo now and am loving it to bits. Definately going to be buying this game, need some more challenging levels to combo on :-)

Comment

I'm looking forward to this playing this game, but still can't decide.

So you're basically saying ignore the media and trust people who actually play games? Sounds fine by me.

ONM sucks. They always have sucked, and they always will suck. They've changed their image and layout with this latest issue but they still suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk Davidson
              "Official Nintendo Magazine" gave P.N.03 56% ... they said, and I quote, "...P.N.03 sucks..."

What fools.
              Really? How amusing. Game journalists unable to step back and see the broader view, their instant, personal dislike-mode getting in the way.

Though developed on a tight time schedule, as admitted by Capcom, P.N.03 is a wonderful, original game. I'm glad I picked it up.

Comment

Surely 5/10 is average? if something 'sucks', then it would be more around the 3/10 mark, wouldn't it?

Magazine rating systems are all messed up.

Comment

The review went in to more depth, they basically think it's too repetitive and a button-basher. At least they're willing to put down exclusive games if they don't like them, they would never have done so in the N64 days.

Comment

I really enjoyed PN3 I think the game is a blast. It makes you get better at it. I dare say this but I kind of enjoyed it more than Viewtiful Joe because Joe is on the borderline of frustration.

Venessa is nicely animated and once you get a handle on the controls moving her is not a problem. I know this game isn't for everyone, but I enjoyed it so much I might buy it again in English.

Comment

After reading various mag reviews I decided to give it a miss.

I popped into Game one lunch and the guy behind the counter insisted I buy the demo. Unusually for GAME employees he was very enthusiastic about the game. Once you accept that it's essentially a rehash of space invaders (jump from cover, shoot advancing baddies, jump back into cover) an accept it as such then it's fantastic. I went out and aquired the jap import soon after and I'm loving it.

It's not a failed Devil May Cry (which I hated anyway), it's much more basic than that.

Played in short bursts and going for high scores and combos it's one of the finest and dare I say it 'purest' shooters I've played in a while. The NTSC-uk review of the game fairly sums up the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
                        The review went in to more depth, they basically think it's too repetitive and a button-basher.
                        In other words, they were expecting Metal Gear meets Tomb Raider and were disappointed it wasn't that.

Let me guess, the reviewer bitched about the 'lack of story', right?

Comment

This is one of my favourite games of the year - you really only get out of it what you're willing to put in, in terms of practice and general arrogance. It's a fairly basic game and is a bit rough in places but is a load of fun. If you've read this thread from the start and you fancy it, then you'll probably enjoy it a lot.

Comment

Who are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Buttox
                              This is one of my favourite games of the year - you really only get out of it what you're willing to put in, in terms of practice and general arrogance. It's a fairly basic game and is a bit rough in places but is a load of fun. If you've read this thread from the start and you fancy it, then you'll probably enjoy it a lot.
                              I feel the same - Each room can be perfected, I had loads of fun working out a routine for each section for optimum time and combo points.

Comment

I like the way the game forces you how to dispatch of one group of enemy in a certain way, then mix it up by throwing this enemy in with a group of another type.

One skill needed for one type, but another skill needed for something else. Nice when they just throw everything in at once

Comment

Working...
                                X