P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN have reviewed - 5.3

"P.N.03 is a 3D action-shooter with a certain degree of style, sure. But it has no depth whatsoever. Worse, its control scheme, clunky and sluggish, perpetually clashes with the would-be fast-moving battles the game serves up continuously. There is a lot of repetition on both a gameplay level and visual and audio levels, which is sure to discourage anybody looking for variety in their shooter. All of this combines for an experience that is under-whelming, yes, and disappointing, no doubt, but not a total loss. There is still some satisfaction to be found and shooter fans are the most likely to stay the drawbacks and seek it out.

This title could have been so much better. But Capcom's incomprehensible design choices and P.N.03's many, many flaws ruin any chance of that. "

Looks like I was right in me review...or was I completely wrong?

Comment

Hey,

He brings up an interesting point. European reviewers liked the game, but American ones hated it. Wonder why such a different opinion.

Comment

Well I must be the only Yank who liked the game. Sometimes, Americans are stupid, this is one of them. I don't know what they were expecting. Capcom never sold this game as a run and gun fest.

Comment

I like Vanessa so much that I thought give her a quick draw.
          It's as close as I'll ever get to stroking her curves
          Guessing there won't be a sequel...****e tbh!

Comment

Very nice, wish I could still draw like that.

Comment

just got this through yesterday... and I'm really enjoying it. controls aren't an issue and some of the moves you can pull off are very cool... like.. in the first room, first level, working my way to the base.. I had a feeling I was being chased by a couple of 'bots... smacked the z button.. piroeted (sp?) and unleashed laser death upon two of them. Ace.

There does seem to be a distinct difference between how the americans view this game in comparison with the europeans...

Comment

also... just thought I'd add.. the combo system works really well.. introduces some interesting decisions mid-game... combo timer ticking down... unleashing laser death onto a cannon that's about to charge up and zap me with an instant-death-o-ray... his energy's going down.. I'm running out of combo time... can I get him?

In this case... no..

but really enjoying this so far...

Comment

IGNcube: Does PN03 support progressive scan or run in Dolby Pro Logic II?
                  Hiroyuki Koboyashi: No.

Um. Just checked. My Jap version has DPLII support. Did they take it out for the US release? Or did they actually just make up the interview?

I still love this game and anyone who disses it for the control scheme is completely missing the point. Looks like IGN wanted it to be like Bloodrayne, which most Americans seemed to go wild for (based on other forums), but I thought was very average (see my ntsc review) - fun but exactly the same the whole way through, with no strategy necessary apart from run and shoot lots.

Comment

They made it up, im sure. Im not 100% certain, but it might even support Pro Scan also as a menu comes up when you hold B. I may be wrong though...

Comment

just got this from dvdboxoffice today and it came with a lovely vanessa mousemat.

Nice

Comment

Yeah, i got the mousemat too. good quality actually, perfect for optical mice

Comment

So did your US versions have DPL2 support?

Comment

It has DPLII support but i think they have taken out progressive scan ft:

No mention on box or instructions booklet.

Comment

Vanessa's sunglasses are on Ebay. 8) I was searching for a US copy of the game and came across this...

Comment

They went for ?3!!! Where can I get some?

Comment

Working...
                                X