No announcement yet.

P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the game yesterday and I havent put too much time into it (only on level 5). At the moment I am very underwhelmed. Is this normal? The controls are fine (although it takes a bit of time to get used to the fact you cant shoot and move) but the camera is crap. I seem to be getting into quite a few problems with it.

Comment

I think this is the same feeling many people have. If you are having problems with the camera i'd guess that you aren't quite playing the game 'correctly' Obviously you can play as you want, but to get the most enjoyment out of the game, you need to make sure the enemies are in front of you at almost all times. Think of it as a top down virtical shooter; progressing from the bottom to top of the rooms almost without exception.

Comment

lordcookie - I had the same feeling, although not really about the camera. It is underwhelming to start with. You may have noticed I even had the game for sale shortly after getting it and if it wasn't for an eBay buyer failing to contact me I'd have sold it long ago. But lets call it fate as I still have it and its one of few games I've completed several times.

It'll grow on you

Comment

EDIT: Whats the effect of the Tengu Pro? and do Swan Pro and Pegasus Pro vary in power or do they cause the same damage?
          Tengu Pro is incredible - it's a time limited invincibility! (the 'Pro' moves cause far more damage but use more energy to perform)

Comment

Finally got this game, and have made a start on it. Seems excellent so far, I have to say. The visuals are incredibly stark and distinct so far, and the use of colours is very unusual and cool.

Like the method of control a great deal. One one thing I would change: I'd map 90 degree turn to the C-Stick, and have hold R + move stick as the free camera. More impressions when I play more, but a definite thumbs-up so far

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
              I think this is the same feeling many people have. If you are having problems with the camera i'd guess that you aren't quite playing the game 'correctly' Obviously you can play as you want, but to get the most enjoyment out of the game, you need to make sure the enemies are in front of you at almost all times. Think of it as a top down virtical shooter; progressing from the bottom to top of the rooms almost without exception.
              I do stand in front of them, and in battle the camera isnt too bad, it is getting to the battles that it seems a little off. When turning a corner it doesnt seem to follow the character properly. Its by no means the worse camera in a game, but it can be a bit off putting.

I will keep persevering with the game and hopefully it will click.

Comment

Is this game anything like Sin & Punishment on the N64? Is it anywhere near as good? (I thought S&P was fantastic btw).

Continuing to compare PN03 to similar games that I've already played.....

Is it a more enjoyable play experience than GunValkyrie (XBOX)? And the contrls, more intuitive than Smilbits/ SEGA's effort?

Treasure's S&P rocked!! What about Capcom's P.N.03??

Comment

Whilst certainly comparable, it's very different.

Sin and Punishment had the best box art ever, by the way.

Comment

Vanessa should be in the next Capcom fighter.

Comment

Must get papillion...

Comment

In related news PN3 was GOTM in play magazine, they gave it a A-, I guess numbers aren't good enough. They have this nice feature with Venessa on the cover and an interview with the director. They ask about a sequel, but first some Yanks need to buy it.

Anyway to let you know this is the same magazine that gave The Matrix a B-...are the fine people such as myself and the people who visit these boards the only ones who know the matrix is crap.

Comment

I'm on level 6 and there's a door with blue vertical stripes in a dark room with lights rushing round the edges of the room. There is also a room to the right that leads to a power up bubble.
                          How do I get the blue door to open to continue with the level?
                          This game is amazing.

Comment

Don't mind me.... I completely missed a corridoor.
                            I think Pete's review is spot on and echos everything I think about the game. Since I got it a couple of days ago, I've ignored FZero and VJ. Trying to clear rooms with max combo and without getting injured, so it's taking time.

Comment

I think i'm on about level 12/15 can't remember, but it's an ace game i especially like sum of the boss battles that require alot of skill. The game seems to get more unforgiving as u go along though with 1 hit kills from certain enemies becoming more frequent.

Comment

I love this game to bits. Its almost as if Capcom made it for me personally.

The controls are fine, and are actually quite intuitive considering how the game works. I'm playing through it meticulously, choosing not to save until I've completed a stage on one credit. I'm also trying to maximise my combos as well as constantly hacking away at the the trial missions.

It's a tricky game, but its totally fair. When Vanessa spins and crashes to the ground, it's always your fault. And you feel so ashamed of yourself.

I'm glad the initial misunderstandings surrounding this game have been cleared up, but I've got a feeling that once its released in the UK, it's going to start all over again. I can hear the whinging now:

"It's got no story" (apparently a video game is nothing without an epic, FF-stlye plot these days )

"You can't shoot and fire at the same time"

"It's too repetitive" etc etc

This isn't Metal Gear meets Tomb Raider. It's a shooting game. Get used to it.

This really is an amazing game, one of the purest titles to come out in a long time, the lovely stylised aesthetic being the icing on the cake. I just hope the game is received favourably by the UK press upon its release. P.N.03 needs to be appreciated for what it is, not criticised for what it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                X