P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legendary
    I am interested in this game but it is on my list of dozen games I want (and can't afford) Is this game deaf friendly or english friendly as I can't read Japanese.
    I can't see why you'd have a problem Legendary - targets are set visually and there are (From as far in as I am), no audio warnings that aren't part of something happening on screen (IE - losing energy - goes from the energy bar).

Apart from some brief narrative, everything is in english - so no problems there.

Comment

NTSC-UK's P.N. 03 review

Feedback is appreciated (in the usual forum)

Comment

Hmmmmmm well I actually do rely on the sound of the droids charging quite a bit to know when to dodge them. Its like you here them starting then just vefore they reach full power you dodge. Don't know if others do it this way but its also usful to find out if an enemy has just warped in behind you too.

Just finished easy mode(SC2 has been eating my time away!) with a ranking of amature OH THE SHAME! But on a plus note I got the blackbird suit which is bloody awsome! Also the save game continues on so maybe theres a few hidden extras for doing all the modes in succession?

Comment

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but it really doesn’t deserve to be cold, buried and forgotten. This is a superb game and more people need to realize this.

I have played for about 8 or so hours now on Normal and have been spending time learning the enemies moves, routines and trying to gain maximum combos. At first when I started to play I wasn’t too sure what to expect and it didn’t really feel right. But… by golly that feeling didn’t last long. As soon as I conquered the first stage (which at first seemed impossible) everything just clicked. Her sexy moves, the enemies, their routines, their attacks and mastering combos… within a little time the game excels pure game play brilliance. It is so addictively fun imo.

I still haven’t beat the Normal mode just yet, am on the last boss as we speak. But as the NTSC-uk review says, this isn’t a game of merely ‘completing’ , it is a game of mastering. Fantastic.
          ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Wait till you see what MY baby does when the last boss explodes, she is SO ghetto!

I love her more so NER!

Originally posted by spoiler
            The game gets ****ing SICK on Hard Mode when you have a GRIMY suit like The Blackbird, the combo potential is increased as well as the difficulty changing your play style in the process ^^

Comment

what is the deal with the l and r buttons - occasionally she does a side step and other times she does a cartwheel.

I understand that the buttons are analog but the pressure at which i press doesn't appear to have an effect on the outcome of her action, so is my joypad playing up or is there another explanation.

and yes it is a great game

Comment

Originally posted by wicky
                what is the deal with the l and r buttons - occasionally she does a side step and other times she does a cartwheel.

I understand that the buttons are analog but the pressure at which i press doesn't appear to have an effect on the outcome of her action, so is my joypad playing up or is there another explanation.

and yes it is a great game
                Doesnt she do the spin on first press of the L or R trigger then if you press it again she does a wheel?

Comment

Correct. First time for a spin, second for the wheel.

Saur, the animation Vanessa does when the final boss goes down is so amazingly cool. Never seen anything so...blatently arragant before

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                    Saur, the animation Vanessa does when the final boss goes down is so amazingly cool. Never seen anything so...blatently arragant before
                    Sorry lads but you're concentrating on wrong things peeps.

That damn papillion suit makes this game in more ways than one

Let me see that thonggggg ......................

Comment

Heh. Haven?t got that yet dammit

I need ur expertise people on the last boss. He just wont go down! He needs to take so much damage it seems to take forever. Any tips? All shall be welcome.

Thanks inadvance
                      Adam

Comment

The easiest method I found Adam:

Originally posted by spoiler
                        Use the Ultra Blazer suit, shoot the end boss as normal at the start and dodge the beams he shoots from his eyes. When he finishes doing this use Tengu pro (makes Vanessa invulnerable) and tap the fire button like a maniac (no autofire this suit), just keep using Tengu pro each time it runs out and you'll beat him easy.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Mr. The suit i have been using is the white/pink one. Has Ultra fast fireing speed and 3 Palm power... Sadly though... the special attacks dont last long with this suit. Can only fire 3 :/

I shall earn a few more points and upgrade the other suits. Thanks again

Comment

Yeah the Ultra Guardian was my mainstay up until the end boss. The Griffin, Thunderbird and Pegasus moves give it the best overall balance IMO and of course the ol' Autofire helps. But it doesn't do as much damage with the standard shot as a maniac tapping away on the Ultra Blazer.

Comment

I haven't played this game yet but I am dying too. Its funny when the thread started out people were knocking the game and its turned into this great discussion into how cool it is.

Anyway I found the official site and I don't know if its any helpful it is in Japanese. But maybe after you run it through Babelfish.

ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Comment

Babelfish only works on plain text - That site is all Flashed up, so it won't work.

Always was a nice site though, shame the western one is so bloody ugly in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                                X