No announcement yet.

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will prob give co-op a quick try Ad before I move onto the next game (Yakuza 3) unless it grabs me.

Comment

Just finished realistic playthrough and I think I enjoyed it more the second time. Realistic difficulty certainly felt like that was how this game should be played, but it was still pretty easy and I died less this time around.

On to co-op now!

Comment

Played more of the co-op last night even though im iching to get on with the single player, it truley is massive! Really really liking this now, cant wait to get more in later.

Comment

In two minds about flogging it after co-op. Find the co-op a better game in story and design and spent nearly as much time on it. Did encounter some horrific clipping bugs though and had to restart twice as couldnt progress further (clear areas and bloke stuck in a bunch of servers couldnt shoot). Also had some nasty lag with randoms and gave up on the very last bit after 4 of em quit as they couldnt handle it and would run off.

It does remind me a hell of a lot of Rainbow 6 though with some of its faults.

Comment

Anyone had multiplayer sessions time out on them? i only play with my friend and you have to start the level all over again! ouch

Comment

Yea had it last night right at the end again. The levels are broken down into sections though so I just chose the last bit as we went back to lobby.

Comment

Haven't played the game yet myself, but just heard about how badly wrong one of ubisoft's marketing stunts went. Great laugh and it does make you wonder how stupid marketing can be.

Comment

I tried some hunter online, my random was quite good but he quit early. Hoping my buddy can play the co op story at some point otherwise I'm gonna have to attempt it with randoms.

I will say though, the co op modes feel epic when you get going, absolutely love them!

Comment

Just finished the co-op story mode with a mate on realistic and.....wow, just wow.

It is just superb, even better than the single player. The satisfaction when you work together with your buddy to take out a group of enemies is just immense. Silently taking out a guy each, tagging the remaining enemies in the area and then dual executing them.....fantastic.

The story is pretty good too actually, well thought out. Oh and the ending.....AMAZING!

Comment

I found the story horrid. It was like watching a bad episode of 24.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the story in both the single player and co-op, especially the latter. I actually really liked the way the story unfolded in the single player, kept me immersed right until the end.

Horses for courses and all that.
                        Last edited by ezee ryder; 20-04-2010, 19:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                          I found the story horrid. It was like watching a bad episode of 24.
                          Same m8. After last night its definetly off in game trade in which is rare for me. Totally given up with it now. Its taken me 2hours to do the last 10mins of co-op part 4 of last level due to the amount of bugs it kept having. Massive lag spikes (played with a m8 downroad in York both on 14mb dl and 1mb up and I dont get any probs on other games) so would reset nope still same.

Then when it settled for abit before going mental ingame we had numerous bugs again. He couldnt run right at the end so we died again (got stuck wallking into hail of bullets). Fine we try again then, restart cutscene, I get mowed down by a tank before we move, restart, cutscene, I get stuck in a box moving, restart cutscene and on and on and on. Upstairs I get stuck doing emp device cant move have to quit, next time everytime I go to do it he stands up and gets shot by a tank outside he wont crouch. We finally did it by accident and again m8 couldnt run soon as he crossed the line. Luckily I could cover him from the spawn to infiity.

For me it just lacks polish just like R6 did. Ive spent more time on the co-op than 1p and more time on the last bit than the entire co-op due to that bit and its left me with a distaste for it now. Stupid thing it aint that hard to do it as it can be done in less than 2-3mins as Ive got close before when its stable but its just so random what it chucks at you with bugs on that bit I cant be doing with it. Not only that it had the entire blumming credits at the end of it again what take forever.

Will stick to UC2 for that co-op as its way too hard work. That UT engine is well creaky shame they still havent fixed bugs from years ago. Ive seen same bugs on R6 with clipping and not running/crouching. It could have been such a better game. Oh well roll on SFIV and Alan Wake....
                          Last edited by Guest; 21-04-2010, 12:55.

Comment

I've enjoyed all the Splinter Cell games to date, but the more information that was released about Conviction, the more I felt it was just Splinter Cell by name. This feeling and demo put me off getting it on day one, but I got it today and have to say I'm not very impressed.

It's clunky, the button layout is awful, the jerky frame rate in co-op is a game breaker, the lack of analogue pressure control for the movement feels wrong, it doesn't look great, and there are more things that I can't think of right now.

If this is what we've got after Ubisoft started again and multiple delays, then I dread to think what their original Conviction would have been like.

Comment

I like this game more when I forget it's a Splinter Cell title, because the things I actually enjoyed most about SC, its slower pace and stealth gameplay, seem to have taken a back seat to gun play. In Conviction it's easier to just blast everyone away, instead of using stealth, and then move on to the next section. Such a shame.

Comment

Im totally in love with this game, finished single and co-op on realistic now and moving through the hunter section on realistic with 1 level left to go. Really enjoyed how both campaigns played out.

Is this the last SC?

Comment

Working...
                                X