No announcement yet.

Halo : Reach Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need to hurry up and release different playlists and the sooner the bigger team games come along the better. I've played one game of this since Friday because I'm already bored of 4v4 on the maps on offer. There are definitely some tweaks that need making because some of the weapons make a lot of noise for not a lot of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      I don't mean to go off topic but when you say a 360 degree shutter do you mean an iris type shutter like a stills camera? Are movie cameras a different kind of shutter or do the projectors have a different kind of shutter that causes the film effect?

As for the frame blending I'm still 50/50 about it. It helps the frame rate seem smoother but in connection with the AA and the horizontal scaling it can on occasion make things a bit jaggy, certainly noworse than Halo3 but I find it strange that it's still present to such a degree.
      A shame they can't do the frame blending on the scenery and not the gun as well. At a distance it wouldn't really be noticeable.

Regarding film cameras:

You expose for half the frame time - so 1/48 usually. Action films often go to great numbers to show "speed" and immediacy (easiest example everyone knows is 28 Days Later).

The article is basically saying film is 1/24 shutter speed, which is the camcorder look. This was discussed in the Public Enemy film thread, as Mann goes with this look and some people like it. Personally I think it's horrid, it's like a home video.

Comment

AH I see! I figured it was something like that but I didn't know what the mechanism was like. Cheers

Comment

Rendered a coupla videos via Bungies website, pretty cool but the reticule doesn't show up.

Jetpack + Rocket!

Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-05-2010, 18:08.

Comment

So you went pro then.
            Man that jetpac kill was hilarious and the explosion was massive, three of them all huddled around the flag trying to return it

Comment

Just put the ODST disc in to access the beta. Its not available. Its May 3rd.

Obviously not May 3rd until America says it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Nelson
                One more time: The Halo: Reach beta is expected it to go live Monday (May 3rd) in the early evening (GMT)/late afternoon (ET)/late am (PT)
                from Twitter

Comment

Cheers.

I don't tw@ so I would of never of known that.

Comment

nor me, just googled it to find the link where he said that 2 weeks ago.

Comment

The Arena is up now, but there are only 4 people playing. Darn

Comment

Went live about 6pm, downloaded Beta. Now its unable to connect to the Halo Reach Servers to do matchmaking. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

after nearly 10 minutes (!) of matchmaking process i was finally able to play a few rounds CTF. i was hopelessly disoriented with no idea where to bring the flag and who to shoot at. i guess Halo 2 MP is long ago and i have lots of things to learn again

the Magnum and especially the Assault Rifle are underpowered. but the Needler is very deadly and the Shotgun does its work pretty good too.

can someone please explain how to stick my emblem to my armor? or has Bungie dropped this feature?

Comment

A shame they can't do the frame blending on the scenery and not the gun as well. At a distance it wouldn't really be noticeable.
                            If the entire view was frame blended, it'd probably be really disorienting.

Comment

Managed to get a few games in, not nearly as many as I would have if it had been working though!

Haven't had a chance to try the sniper, but the DMR and the Needler rifle are amazing imo. Needler rifle feels slightly better to me for some reason.

Elites are much more fun to play as than spartans too, the roll is basically a multi directional sprint that you can do a launch jump out of. Had a fun game on Team Slayer Pro too where it took off the radar and gave everyone a DMR or Needler Rifle.

This is already much better than Halo 3 in my eyes, but then I loved the beta for that and didn't enjoy the full games multiplayer too much so we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                                after nearly 10 minutes (!) of matchmaking process i was finally able to play a few rounds CTF. i was hopelessly disoriented with no idea where to bring the flag and who to shoot at. i guess Halo 2 MP is long ago and i have lots of things to learn again

the Magnum and especially the Assault Rifle are underpowered. but the Needler is very deadly and the Shotgun does its work pretty good too.

can someone please explain how to stick my emblem to my armor? or has Bungie dropped this feature?
                                The magnum is crazy powerful! I can't tell the difference to the DMR

I don't think you can stick the emblem on anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X