No announcement yet.

Halo : Reach Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disoriented is the key word for me - at least I think that's why I'm not completely enjoying this so far. I don't understand why they've changed the controls, I should look for a preset that more closely resembles Halo 2 and 3.

Comment

Well from experience the melee button is far more useful on RB as was jump on LB in the bumper jumper thing, but the inclusion of the armour abilities which need to be used often means that they had to be mapped somewhere equally useful and somewhere where you could use them whilist aiming with both sticks.

Sword base is a horrible disorientating map, it takes lots of working out.

Comment

I'm not really a fan of sword base either, powerhouse is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
          I don't understand why they've changed the controls, I should look for a preset that more closely resembles Halo 2 and 3.
          The Recon layout moves reload to the right bumper, like Halo 3, melee to the B button, like Halo 2 and 3, and then grenade switch to the X button, not like any other Halo game.

Comment

To save me sorting through the thread, do you have to install this with the ODST disk in your drive? I started the download and as soon as I took it out it dissapeared. It took ages to even get to 1%, so I wasn't keen on wasting my limited gaming time, unable to play anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
              To save me sorting through the thread, do you have to install this with the ODST disk in your drive? I started the download and as soon as I took it out it dissapeared. It took ages to even get to 1%, so I wasn't keen on wasting my limited gaming time, unable to play anything else.
              Yes you do. Slightly annoying as I don't really see why it couldn't just be done through your active download list once the download has begun. Still it didy really matter as I just set it to download while I had my dinner and it was done when I came back so it was hardly the end of the world.

Comment

Hmm. Have to install it when I have more time

Comment

Doh! You should of gone to your download history, you could of started it on the dash and then played a game. Use this link to start it via xbox.com http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-00004d530877 you can then background download to your hearts content

Comment

Champion!

Comment

Really don't like how the voting system takes the top one if they draw...

Comment

I dunno why I keep getting excited over these betas to be honest. I went berserk over the H3 beta and had about three games in total. I only play the Halo games for the single player, I barely touch multiplayer!

Still, the Halo games are among the very very few whose trailers can make my hairs stand on end. Even now, watching the H3 one with the big canyon thing does it to me. It must be the music.

Comment

Had great fun on the outdoors 4v4 map, particularly playing Crazy King and Stockpile. The thing is, nothing much has happened since Halo 3 ... I'll be playing it more during the beta and the game is a definite buy but mostly for the single player.

Sword Base (was that the name?) isn't a very good map

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                            I dunno why I keep getting excited over these betas to be honest. I went berserk over the H3 beta and had about three games in total. I only play the Halo games for the single player, I barely touch multiplayer!

Still, the Halo games are among the very very few whose trailers can make my hairs stand on end. Even now, watching the H3 one with the big canyon thing does it to me. It must be the music.
                            same with me. actually i would enjoy a specator mode more than playing the beta myself. guess i will try the generator defense mode at least once and then most likely never come back to the beta. i am already convinced that Reach's MP is better than Halo 3 MP but for me the old "Halo 2 dual MP wielding times" will never come back.

Comment

I don't like Sword Base at all but the other map is pretty good. Don't like the voting system either because everyone always seems to go for the same thing.

Other than..it seems like Halo. Liking the abilities (sound effects when in camo are ace) and the weapons seem fine to me, however it's clear that I'm never going to really enjoy a Halo again because people have just got too good at it! I was a pretty good player in the Halo2 days but I'm struggling like hell now.

Comment

The trueskill should sort out the problems with playing against much better people, give it a few days for the hardcore to rank up a bit then it should be easier and you'll be pitched against more similar players.

Comment

Working...
                                X