No announcement yet.

RayStorm HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This faux 16:9 sounds a real shame, how much effort could it have taken to do it properly!?

iPad port pls.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
      G-Darius is both brilliant and quite unique.

Disappointed to hear about the problems with this game. The last boss in Raystorm is one of my all time favourites and the music is amazing for that battle. I always really liked unleashing a full purple lock on (with the black hole effect) on a boss and then throwing in the smart bomb on top for major damage. I never actually played the other Ray games though.

Is this only available on the Japan store of both?
      Fony decided that western gamers hate shmups, so its only on the Japanese PSN. I believe Microsoft released it worldwide on XBLA.

So yeah I went for Darius. Its pretty mighty stuff. Love the enemy grapple, and the choice to fly different routes. I think I like it more than TFV. Fantastic stuff.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 06-05-2010, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
        This faux 16:9 sounds a real shame, how much effort could it have taken to do it properly!?

iPad port pls.
        Not much effort at all, when you hear that one of the game's developers said the cropped widescreen is all Sony's fault because they wouldn't allow it to be released in 4:3, it just makes you wonder why they would do that or how they have the power to do that?

Comment

All sony's fault? this game is on the 360 as well, its sonys fault that the 360 version dosent have a 4:3 mode too is it? sounds like a load of rubbish to me.

Comment

Well the developers comment has since been deleted but it was saying they wanted to include a 4:3 mode but Sony in particular would not allow it, so they did not develop it into the game.

Comment

That's odd; SSFTTR HD had 4:3 and 16:9 options plus all those Sega and Megaman games.

Maybe Sony requested for a MVC2 style 16:9 with 4:3 gameplay option.

Edit: FFS! why do devs feel when porting/remaking a game the gameplay aspect ratio has to remain at 4:3. It's a new game on a new system, so what if the balance of the game changes. All those PSP ports with stretched 4:3 screens annoy me.
              Last edited by Profit; 07-05-2010, 11:14.

Comment

Working...
              X