Rocket Knight (PSN/XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocket Knight (PSN/XBLA)

Just played through a very generous trial of this and i have to say i'm really impressed. The only problem i could say is the visual style, but i don't mind them myself.

Theres some new game play tweaks, first of all you no longer charge the rocket pack, it all on one button. But you do have fuel guage which depletes and refills when you use it. You have a button set aside for the beam, its no longer on your normal attack button either. Nice scoring hook too, basically pick up gems or kill enemies and you will get a multiplier and a little meter telling you to hurry up and get your next gem or kill, otherwise you will lose it.

Also the music brings back wonderful memories, first level's is 1-1 of RKA.

Most of you probably already know i'm a huge fan of the original game, its just so wonderful to play as the flying possum once again!

Now, i need to go out and find a relatively cheap points card to buy it!
    Last edited by Brad; 15-05-2010, 22:32.

Will HAPPILY slap down 1200 on this. Will grab points tomorrow.
    Lovely demo, just enough to show you what's going on and I somehow still felt familiar with it.
    Nice colourful bold style, I am glad it turned out this way from demo, another good job from Climax.

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed with the framerate, on Ps3 at least.

The graphics aren't my cup of tea either, they don't look kick ass enough. The style is a bit like Klonoa and the such. I'd prefer sprites for a game like this.

But the gameplay is okay.

Comment

it is okay, but 1200 points - I think not

Comment

its great just a shame its 1200 only complaint

Comment

I'd happily pay £6.47 for this title, but £9.70?! You've got to be kidding me you sick bastards!

Comment

I really like it and as microsoft just dumped 400 pts on my account for what i presume was the Red Dead promotion, no e mail to say what its for, but it makes it 800 for me so im in, at 1200 i doubt it.

Comment

Yeah, demo was good, the price is not.

Comment

13 euros... yeah its kind of sick.

Comment

You could say the same thing for Raystorm SD, no moaning at the price there. This is an original game with original assets and an ip that has long since been dead since the mid snes era.

Comment

Shadow complex can be completed in under an hour and that was 1200 points, no one ever complained.

People are weird about the prices on live

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                        You could say the same thing for Raystorm SD, no moaning at the price there. This is an original game with original assets and an ip that has long since been dead since the mid snes era.

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                        Shadow complex can be completed in under an hour and that was 1200 points, no one ever complained.
                        No it can't. Not the first time, anyway. So by the time you can complete it in an hour you've already played it for far longer.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post

No it can't. Not the first time, anyway. So by the time you can complete it in an hour you've already played it for far longer.
                          I never said the first time you play, I dont imagine you can finish this game the first time you play it in an hour either, they are probabaly about the same length is my point.

Comment

People ARE weird about xbox pricing. Had this if been a £19.99 budget retail release then everyone would of been lapping it up with comments like 'a slice of retro goodness, a little short, but only 20quid!'

Comment

Well yes, but you'd get a physical copy of the game for that. How am I supposed to slobber all over a download?

Comment

Working...
                              X