No announcement yet.

Rocket Knight (PSN/XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny someone should mention Raystorm HD, that's a classic example of an overpriced XBLA game in my opinion.

HD ports should be 800pts max (see - Perfect Dark, Afterburner, Ikaruga, OutRun, Rez....) but I don't have any problem with new games like Shadow Complex, Rocket Knight or Braid being 1200pts.

Anyway, looking forward to giving this a go later, haven't played a good 2D platformer in a long while

Comment

Yup. Raystorm HD was overpriced and I regret buying it as the original felt better.

I would've bought RK if the graphical style was different, I don't like this look at all. I'm still not sure yet, although the footage show fun levels.
      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 13-05-2010, 13:37.

Comment

I played that Rocket Knight demo last night and bought it right away. Plays very well and the art style isn't as bad as the trailer looked.

Comment

It's ok but to be honest I've played Little Big Planet community levels that are better. Since LBP's arrival platformers need to be a bit special and this isn't.

Comment

Finally had a go and it's an enjoyable retro style game, they nailed the character control which puts me in the impressed sector as I really wasn't expecting too much from it. Plus, I'm on the flip side, forgetting Mario, Sonic etc. This is a good example of the genre, whereas LBP by comparison is one of the worst

Comment

I'm quite tempted by this, it looks really fun! However, I'm slightly put off at the price! I don't mind 1200 point games, but watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look made me wonder if it would get very boring very quickly. It all looked rather samey.

Can anyone who has purchased it tell me differently?

Comment

LBP's floaty controls suck imo. RK is fast paced, like old 16-bit games.

Its supposed to last about 1 hour 30 minutes or so. Also like 16-bit games. Replayability comes from the time attacks, hard mode and unlockable skins.

Comment

The graphics & style of this game are terrible. It's like a budget PSOne title.

Comment

Not even smooth on the PS3 from the demo played.

Comment

Its far from a budget Psone title. What are you smoking Baseley09, its far from Tombi 2.

Comment

Heh, well I played it and honestly thought it was utter bodge.

Comment

I quite enjoyed the game from playing the trial, i meant even buy it if it's ever on offer at 800 points or less.

Comment

You know what, people on here are becoming more like Americans ever f##king day. Always wanting stuff for cheaper or free. Yes, there's nothing wrong with wanting a deal but whining over a 1200 point original game that's actually good just screams "cheap ass" to me. I'm not loaded with cash falling out of my pocket but I don't regret paying a reasonable amount for Rocket Knight. Ray Storm HD was a bit steep but I still bought it. Afterburner Climax on the other hand was too cheap. Sega were very kind to us with that.

Anyway, rant over. I originally entered this thread to post my pleased view points on Rocket Knight.

Comment

Well said What you think of game then?
                              I have said it a million times before but the ammount between 800 and 1200 just isn't large enough for me to worry about if I play and enjoyed the trial, enough to want it. Many people are getting stuck in an 800 point ruck and say ever increasingly more stupid things 'Wow this game is fantastic, I would have bought the pants off it if it were 800 but at 1200! no way'
                              Anyways I finished it in a few hours on Normal, the achievements are within sight but they will be tough and require maybe a couple more playthroughs, which I am happy to do. Saddest part of this all is even some so-called die hard Rocket Knight/Sparkster fans won't drop 1200 on it, leaving Sparkster to be forgotten about again.

Comment

Tried the trial and it was fairly enjoyable, might have gotten a purchase if there weren't so many good games already unfinished in my cupboard!

People complaining about 800-1200 is something I won't really entertain to be honest, people will shell out £40 for a game like Alan Wake (10 hours ish) and then complain about the price of this!

Comment

Working...
                                X