No announcement yet.

Crackdown 2 Demo (xbox360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I played for about 2 hours with the timer off and almost got to max agility!
    But I started a rooftop race and it caused it to end immediately. NOoooooooo!

WIth the wing suit you have to pull up to slow your descent, it's still a bit weird. Sometimes you float straight up, so I don't know if you get thermals from air conditioning units or if it's just a glitch.

Comment

Gamestation are doing a steelbook version of this for preorders byt the way.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Gamestation are doing a steelbook version of this for preorders byt the way.
        Do Gamestation also do the agency suits as well?

Comment

feeling the same while I like d the orb hunting and owning the city not sure I want to play when the vibrance seems to have gone form everything, plus the zombie/flood seem bit pointless.

Lack of agency avatar variation was a step back, lack of transforming agency cars and reduced cell shading are all downers for me, lock on seemed fussy vehicles looked like station-wagons

moving orbs audio files sounds good, but I think I will just go back to crackdown1

Shame

Comment

I like the colour pallette myself, think the game looks great.

Comment

Cancelled my preorder after playing the demo last night. I think games have evolved since the first Crackdown (which I loved) came out, but this just felt very archaic. Targetting system is utter bobbins, I didnt enjoy collecting the orbs, and I even found the Agency voice over guy annoying.

Perhaps it was the generic warehouse / industrial area type setting, where you start off, that put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezm0nd View Post
                Games with lock on have evolved, most notably Red Dead Redemption. I am sure i'd have the same problem with the original crackdown if I went back to it. Sequels = improvements. (or not)

Got my pre order in yesterday, i'm still excited for it!
                Nah, as I said the original game still plays great today (just like this sequel does IMO).

Red Dead Redemption had a horrible simplified lock on system that made the game even easier than it already was (which is saying alot), the lock on in Crackdown is an intergeral part of the game that improves it, not makes it worse.
                Last edited by rmoxon; 24-06-2010, 11:21.

Comment

After trying the demo (have yet to successfully lock the timer) I am in two minds about a pre-order.

The only advantage of a pre-order is the downloadable comic (PDF format) from GAME anyway plus four new colours for your armour (which is pretty pointless really). I will either go with that or else wait for the (inevitable) price drop before buying. I would rather like to see a "proper" review of the game before making a decision as it could have improved a lot over the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Do Gamestation also do the agency suits as well?
                    It definately does online, but I didn't see them mentioned in store

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      It definately does online, but I didn't see them mentioned in store
                      I'll ask them when i go into town later! Will post my findings when i come back.

I'm only missing 3 achievements on the demo now, the two co-op ones and the car jump. :/

Comment

Working...
                      X