• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crackdown 2 (360)

Got my copy today
    Box Impressions, [s]I'll spare you the video[/s]

• Redeem Code for Agency Helicoper
    • No Manual just a folded sheet with contact info and support type things
    • Large fold out map just like the first game.

So the game starts off with an FMV that looks like something from a UBIsoft Tom Clancy teaser trailer circa 2003. We get to see that 'the voice of the agency' is more than just a voice, but infact a body but you cannot see his face.

You get to play a small tutorial section inside the grounds of the agency tower before being whisked off by a helicopter to the same spot the demo starts in. From Here it is apparent that Crackdown 2 is very much Crackdown. Although instead of gang bosses you have areas of rebel resistance that you can to quell , on top of the rebels causing you troubles once night hits the streets are filled with horrid zombie beasts. Whilst not hard to kill, their sheer numbers mean that you'll soon get bored trying to punch them all the in the face and will soon be returning to the rooftops.

Aiming system and controls remain identical to Crackdown, although they have increased the speed of which the precision aim locks on over the demo.

I've ventured a little more outside of the demo area and tried to climb the agency tower, pleasantly surprising and frustrating at the same time I discovered that the layout of the tower is now significant different and I don't think I'm quite agile enough to climb up.

Speaking of agility orbs , I seem to of levelled up very quickly, as quickly as the demo I would say, I've collected about 100 orbs and 2/3 through the total agility levelling up.
    My other stats aren't levelling up anywhere near as quick as the accelerated mode of the demo.

There are about 10 avatar awards 4 of which give away the names of 2 yet to be announced DLC packs
    The Toy box and Deluge which incidentally are being produced by games design consultants Spilt Milk Studios and Flock Developer Proper Games.

0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Originally posted by EvilBoris
    I'll spare you a video
    Boo!

Then again, you can always get a packet of crisps and film the opening of that to make up for it.

Comment

Lol

Comment

The more I hear about it, the less I think it's worth paying full price for. Even though I've got enough Gamestation trade-in credit to cover it, I think I might wait.

Comment

Standard version or steelbook?

Aren't you supposed to post a picky to prove you're not fibbing as you've got it a week early?

I've not played the demo as I'm not hooked up to Live atm. Have you noticed any tearing at all?
          Last edited by teddymeow; 02-07-2010, 22:42.

Comment

My video is just uploading

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              I've not played the demo as I'm not hooked up to Live atm. Have you noticed any tearing at all?
              I can't say I have and I'm using tear prone VGA

Comment

Best video evar!

Comment

Well I am officially cancelling my subscription...to all other unboxers out there.
                  Comedy gold right there.

Comment

I must admit i did laugh like a fool at the end bit "WHERES MY MANUAL"

Comment

Awesome video. Strangely arousing.

May I propose that all starters of a First Play Thread are hereby obligated to post an Opening The Box Video.

Comment

The video was originally 1080p/24 but unfortunatly it was also 800meg, so no erotic Full HD for us.

Just sent 4 hours playing co-op,flawless.
                        Last edited by EvilBoris; 03-07-2010, 01:51.

Comment

Nice one Boris!

Best opening post ever.

Comment

Fantastic video Boris, even made my wife laugh!

What's your opinion on the Rogue Orbs? I personally think there is a special place in hell for whoever designed those!

Comment

Hello.

Does Crackdown 2 feature a different city to the first game?

Comment

Working...
                              X